cock-a-leekie...or hairy coos

BusaCruise

speachless
Donating Member
Registered
laugh.gif

chime in if you know what I am refering to.

I'll get back to this when I wake up......lol

LOL, what a way to start a post, but yes I know what you are talking about. I won't give it away for those who don't.

Don

PS. I like Hairy Coos more than I like cock-a-leekie.

No cock-a-leekie for me. My buddy got hit with it once, we still clown him for it!!

Hairy coos is unacceptable!!! I'm the one wearing the goatie in this relationship!!!!
laugh.gif

Sounds like some of my 2 year olds "code" talk .
wink.gif
I'll go ask him what it means .

ok ... well, as I was reading the latest edition of Escape magazine (vol3 iss3)... I came across an article on riding through Ireland.
It seems that the 'cock-a-leekie" is a Scottish traditional soup dish in the North back country where Gaelic is the word of the land.
As for the "hairy coos".......it too is a local term for cattle in the area.
I had to google the coos to get a pic of it.
"coos" = cows (in an Irish/Scottish accent)
rtw.1033136280.hairycoo.jpg

for anyone that enjoys a little touring ....Escape magazine is a new rag that gets published every two months...and covers many touring / gear / safety topics.
It has JUST started taking subscriptions in the past few months...so pick it up and see if it's too your liking.

and FWIW... in this issue they did a thread on the PNW touring and Pashnit got top reference listing for that reqion....so congrts too him as well !!!

Guess my minds in the gutter 'cause I was thinking they meant something totally different .
laugh.gif

Was thinking hairy coo to be a dirty sanchez. Bunch of pervs we are

(Black Bird Killer @ Sep. 08 2006,16:20) Was thinking hairy coo to be a dirty sanchez.  Bunch of pervs we are
Yes ....hairy coo .....ummm means , granny without a razor ?
wow.gif
I know , I know .....banishment for me !
tounge.gif

(Warputer @ Sep. 08 2006,16:40)
(Black Bird Killer @ Sep. 08 2006,16:20) Was thinking hairy coo to be a dirty sanchez. Bunch of pervs we are
Yes ....hairy coo .....ummm means , granny without a razor ?
wow.gif
I know , I know .....banishment for me !
tounge.gif
yupper...carefully chosen title.
tounge.gif

wasn't till later that I thought of the title:
" does cock-a-leaky come from a hairy-coos?"
laugh.gif

you can thank dan brown's - davinci code for my weak attempt at a play on words.
the book though is a good read ... might see the movie now.

tounge.gif

Back