Clutches the same Gen1 / Gen 2 ????

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
Okay gang, think I know the answer but are there any "specific" differences between a generation 1 and a generation 2 clutch basket, i.e. shaft diameter, sleeve depth, and the likes ???. Looked at the part numbers and they are plenty close. Got a buddy and he cracked his original basket. Guess who's doing the work ????.........Looking to get a good / used item off ebay for $50. Need to know asap.... :super:

Thanks for the read, Spud

Something has changed or the part number would not have. It may only be the springs in the basket. Most of the other clutch parts are the same. The springs and fibers are different but the fibers with interchange. I understand the fiber material has been improved. I don't know what changed in the basket.

I have an outer basket for sale if you want it. It's from a Gen 1. If it doesnt fit you can send it back.

Deal, name your price !!! Once again, ladies and gentlemen the O-R-G comes through in the pinch !!!!!!! :super: :super: :super: BTW you have PM.....

Now that I think about it, it probably is a difference in the spring static tensions that makes up the difference in the extra torque of the added cc's on the 08' basket. Add a little extra plate friction and it works just fine.

Ahhhhhhh........I love this place !!! :oldcool:

Back