clutches and springs

crashedbusa

Registered
hello all! I just wanted to know what you all would use for clutches and springs and whatever i would need to keep this from eating up my clutches!
my clutch mod so far are as follows.... ape clutches with stock steel plates, barnet 30% stronger springs, one piece clutch hub.
it slips mostly when i hit it hard but if gradually get on it it will hook, if the tires aren't spinning.
thanx in advance,
abner

you have all the wrong stuff.
OEM plates only
an a MTC lock up or multistage

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097843046 -->

you have all the wrong stuff.
OEM plates only
an a MTC lock up or multistage
Johnny,

OEM plates work great i agree but "an a MTC lock up or multistage"

Don't you think it depends on what he s using his bike for and how muc HP. Street drag etc. I did not like a lock up on my Green Dragon Busa. You also should make sure you take care of some other things like a Billet output shaft, and maybe a Billt clutch hub.

Your thought??

for the street no lock up is okay but for the track forget it you have to have tooo heavy of springs and getting out of the gate would suck (been there done that) if you are getting the billet inner 400-or so spend the extra 5-600 and get the multistage

I use this bike alot in the streets. it's pretty good, except the darn clutch keeps going. so i would go with oem clutches. what springs? have you guy's heard of this clutch cishion thing that stedman is selling? will that help? i bought that one piece hub thing that the springs screw into and it came with springs but it was so stiff that as soon as i squeezed the darn clutch it broke my clutch slave, chain cover. sorry if this sounds elementary to you guys. i've dealt with turbo cars like grandnationals but never a bike. different world everything seems to brake easier and everything seems to become faster.

yep it will get the springs from Dennis but I am warning you the look like valve springs so do some workout with your hand you will need to. but multi is the way to go period

Johnny, where can i get this multi stage thing? i don't know anything about this. Do you have a website where i can read about this. will this set up be good for the streets?
thanx in advance.

thanx there johnny. looks like i'll be going to a mtc set up.
i'll talk to their tech this monday on all i need to do this.
i hope it will still be able on the street.
cool.gif

Back