clutch won't engage!

jt_c_ya

Registered
hey guys i just got my 2000 busa yesterday and got some problems on the first ride

mainly the clutch wont engage or disengage... it does rarely. i noticed that the clutch resevoir (the one above the left handle i think?) was completely empty...

so i guess my fix is to fill and bleed that line right? where is the bleeder valve at? by the front sprocket? any detailed instructions on this anywhere?

thanks guys, jt

TAKE IT BACK TO WHERE YOU BOUGHT IT FROM.

Have you ever bleed brakes before? Its the same. Fill the resevoir put the top back on, pump the clutch lever, hold the clutch lever in, open the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder close the valve, release the clutch, then repeat.

No reason for you to get a bike like that. Bleeding the clutch is pretty easy, but will take some time. Bleeder valve is on the left side just above the gear shift lever. Do like Gunnybusa said, but I would invest in a Mightyvac to help you out.

Bleeder valve is just rear of the shifter - just follow the clutch line. Bleed it like you would a brake line.

might be a good idea to do a full service on her, or take her to some1 to go over it for ya...
+1

if the clutch resevoir is empty, it doesn't sound like they know how to take care of their bike...
rock.gif

I would go over it yourself real good... Do an oil change and while you have the plastics off, you may want to do anti-freeze, bleed clutch (its by the sprocket cover.), check sprockets, etc... Going through and doing some maint. will help you examine the bike for any faults...

Cloud

Back