clutch squeals everytime I give it gas

manfromsc33

Registered
on my way home today I noticed that the clutch started squealing everytime i gave it gas in first gear, so i would ride in 3rd and 4th with no sounds about 15 mins later I could hear it in all ghe gears. the clutch feels fine and shifts like it should. have anyone else had this problem or know what it could be.. thanks in advance for your help.. its an 04 busa with 15,000 miles on it.

Squeals of joy? Stop giving it gas, try some JP-8. Just kidding. :laugh:

Could be that the clutch basket has worked its way loose.

Experts should be along shortly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Open it up and inspect.
That is not normal.
Something has come loose or the plates are worn.
Are you using car oil in it?

I agree with Mike drain the oil, look for contaminants . Pull cover and inspect the clutch discs looking for signs of uneven wear, friction material loss or anything that would be an attention getter. If it's squealing then somethings a miss and I wouldn't ride it until you either checked it or had it checked by someone qualified. Wardie

OK, I opened it up and looked in it and all the rings everything looks like there are in perfect conditon. I didn't see anything worn out. I wonder if I should go with a hevier oil or use wet clutch oil,, what do you think about that? (anyone)

OK, I opened it up and looked in it and all the rings everything looks like there are in perfect conditon. I didn't see anything worn out. I wonder if I should go with a hevier oil or use wet clutch oil,, what do you think about that? (anyone)

All motorcycle oils are wet clutch friendly.
10W40 is the recommended oil.

Back