Clutch Spring Question...

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
What exatly is involved in installing the springs. i have never installed springs before so im asking for your guidance as i am gonna probbably do it this weekend.

I know remove right fairing remove clutch cover. Im assuming remove pressure plate and now are the springs right behind the pressure plate or does more have to be removed to get to the springs. I dont have to remove the plates and fibers correct?

these are the barnett springs... How much better are they over stock.

Let the bike rest on the side stand, you will not lose any oil that way.

Remove rh fairing and clutch cover.

There are 6 (I think) 10 mm bolts on the outer clutch hub. Remove them one at a time and replace the springs one at a time. R&R, it easier that way. No need to mess with fibers or steels......

There are 6 (I think) 10 mm bolts on the outer clutch hub.  Remove them one at a time and replace the springs one at a time.  R&R, it easier that way.  No need to mess with fibers or steels......
Uum...didnt i already tell you this in a pm? Dont believe me?  
sadnews.gif

You may want the billet sprocket cover first so u dont crack the stock chitty one

There are 6 (I think) 10 mm bolts on the outer clutch hub.  Remove them one at a time and replace the springs one at a time.  R&R, it easier that way.  No need to mess with fibers or steels......
Uum...didnt i already tell you this in a pm? Dont believe me?  
sadnews.gif

You may want the billet sprocket cover first so u dont crack the stock chitty one
why whould he need a billet sprocket cover for stiffer cutch spring mod?

If you put heavier springs in that bad boy it increase the pressure required from the clutch slave cylinder to engage the clutch. That's when this pretty mod comes into play http://secure.mycart.net/catalog....vnext=1 it won't crack like the stock one will. There are other types of supports out there, but when you put those heavier springs in it's a good possibility that it could crack and then your
banghead.gif
also might think about the brocks clutch mod or the back toque limiter mod. Dont really need em but
dunno.gif

If he isn't putting in the gorilla style springs, he will be ok. I ran stiffer springs for a couple years with no problems, then switched to the spacers from Brock.

There is no need to step up to the monster springs unless he is racing, and then it is time to step to a support, at least, if not the billet cover.
beerchug.gif

If you put heavier springs in that bad boy it increase the pressure required from the clutch slave cylinder to engage the clutch.  That's when this pretty mod comes into play http://secure.mycart.net/catalog....vnext=1  it won't crack like the stock one will. There are other types of supports out there, but when you put those heavier springs in it's a good possibility that it could crack and then your
banghead.gif
also might think about the brocks clutch mod or the back toque limiter mod. Dont really need em but  
dunno.gif
Thank you!
whistling.gif

If your not racing it, just use half of the Barrnett springs, it not needed for the street!

If you put heavier springs in that bad boy it increase the pressure required from the clutch slave cylinder to engage the clutch.  That's when this pretty mod comes into play http://secure.mycart.net/catalog....vnext=1  it won't crack like the stock one will. There are other types of supports out there, but when you put those heavier springs in it's a good possibility that it could crack and then your
banghead.gif
dunno.gif
Thank you!
whistling.gif
+10

Im just looking for the time to do it. Billet sprocket cover, Brock's ultra clutch mod, and Brock's heavy springs. To bad I dont have my clutch cover yet to do it all at the same time.

When GixerHP said use half, he meant to use only 3 out of 6. Not three on one side, evenly spaced.

I know, I know. But I had to say it.

shameless ad for myself... but I have 6 of the exact same springs for sale cheap if someone wants them. I can split them up 3/3 also. They are brandnew (don't fit the 08 busa's).

Back