clutch spring bolt info

rydnruff

Registered
I just installed a brocks clutch mod on my 2012 and when torquing the clutch spring bolts one would not click at 7lbs so i backed it out carefully and noticed it was twisted almost to breaking point. My ? is can i get a similar bolt from the hardware store so i can ride today or does it have to be an oem bolt.

Thanks.

You can go to the hardware store and get grade 8 bolts because they are a lot stronger than oem bolts.

I'd PM Gixerhp about this. Some of the hardware on this bike can only be used once and torqued. I wouldn't play with the moving parts if you know what I mean.

I just installed a brocks clutch mod on my 2012 and when torquing the clutch spring bolts one would not click at 7lbs so i backed it out carefully and noticed it was twisted almost to breaking point. My ? is can i get a similar bolt from the hardware store so i can ride today or does it have to be an oem bolt.

Thanks.

Same thin happened to me. Went to home depot with the bolt and used their wonderful screw finder tool and bought one. Havent had any problems with it yet. This was back in the fall. I will also change the others when I do the complete kit, as i only did heavier springs at that time.

Back