Clutch Slave Support issues

icemansid

Donating Member
Registered
I got an APE clutch slave support, in the process of putting it in. Someone forgot to mention the fact that the coolant bypass line is in the way. Has anybody installed this or had this issue or know what to do to fix it?

101_2454.jpg

101_2453.jpg

slip a piece of 1/2 inch pipe over the tube...use the pipe as a lever to bend it outward slightly...u may use some heat to make it easier work..but in the least take the stupid hose off and tighten that bolt up first:laugh:

also get some cleaner and get all that dirt and grim outta there....few pounds is worth a couple of ponies..lol

Last edited:
OK so its dirty, i get it. will do.

The problem is that clamp is slo close to the outlet that the hose would not slip back on.

:thumbsup:

Finally. I made two, 1 for each side. The other one is setup to push down on the brake to prevent some rolling at the starting line.... it releases when my clutch releases. Havent tested it out yet, but the first race is coming up here quick...

strictly drag. the bike is 90% drag, 10% street. I have a tire/rim for each. custom wheelie bars. fully auto air shifter thanks to BoostBySmith.

Icemansid,
Interested in seeing how you make out, I have one of these brackets on the way to me. Would be very helpful if you could post a picture after you are done.
Thanks....

:bowdown:

Didnt get the chanse tonight to look at it. Busy on the mustang project. From looking at the pics over and over, it looks like it will work if i can turn the outlet port.

All is well. Just tweaked it to the right and out a little bit and i was able to get it all together... time to finish up for the car show this weekend. I will post pics for sure!

Ok, all setup at the local shopping mall for the Oahe Speedway spring show. was putting the plastics on and ran into another small problem. Please see atached photo.

The over-flow tank does not sit as close to the clutch slave as before causing the plastics to be somewhat of a fit.

102_2459.jpg

Put my APE bracket on this morning, used a pipe to bend the outlet a little so I could get some clearance. I fitted the bracket and bent a to get proper clearance, for once everything went as advertised and everything fit nice and snug. Thanks for posting it helped me get through it 6-8 hrs. of drama. :thumbsup:

OK.... now put on your overflow tank and plastics and tell me how they fit.... the plastic is a little tight because the tank does not fit as snug... if this is different for you, could you post a picture?

Back