clutch options?

If you're looking for consistency, then a lockup of some sort is probably going to be best, unless you're already very good with a hand clutch. Brown, you and Ludicrous still lookin at the weekend of the 24th to meet up somewhere?
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm in. Got some bike issues but will hopefully have them lined out by then. Regardless I'm willing to meet up and just watch some racing if I have to.....

that hays convertible is a mean looking little booger. you can set it as a normal clutch, or as a slider with a variable stall speed. that's awesome.

the real nice part is that it's engine driven vs wheel driven. :thumbsup:
that hays convertible is a mean looking little booger. you can set it as a normal clutch, or as a slider with a variable stall speed. that's awesome.

You'll end up spending a ton of money to convert over to a grudge bike so you might as well leave everything alone until then. You have to really think about how you want to compete. It’s tougher to get races with a turbo. Also consider your wheelbase length and tire. The clutch is another area where it depends on the type of race you want to get. If you’ve got a slider then you’re not going to find to many races from people without one. Big motor with the option to spray will get you more races. Concentrate on weight reduction and CG. Gixxer front end to get things lighter, BST’s, cut frame, subframe, tank, etc. Grudge bikes make a lot of power and they spend a ton getting the bike to such a high level. This isn’t for someone with limited funds. Grudge racing is at an extreme level. If you can lock in a race and win then you can win more money in a single race than some people win all year. If you’re number 1 others will out spend you to get the title and will be gunning for you. If you’re not at the top then you’re loosing money.

Gann makes a nice clutch! :bowdown:

good looking. a grudge bike is my aiming point. i wanna a fast bike i can take to the track and whoop some ass but wanna be able to take it on a cruz to the beach on the weekend. i have a lot of funds just not unlimited. im leaning to a turbo set up. i know i wont get many races but ive seen a allmotor gixxer 1k beat a turbo busa. thanks again for looking out man

That blows. We will do it again later on in the year, maybe you will be able to make that. Give Hoot a shout later, he goes to the Neuro-surgeon today I think. Hope they have something good to tell him.

Then go with a nice turbo kit and a multi-stage lockup clutch. lock-up clutches will work all day on the street. Make sure you use a good high quality boost controller and you'll be set. It'll come down to the tunning. Use a very light spring for the gate and do all of your boost settings and ramp rates from a controller.:beerchug:

good looking. a grudge bike is my aiming point. i wanna a fast bike i can take to the track and whoop some ass but wanna be able to take it on a cruz to the beach on the weekend. i have a lot of funds just not unlimited. im leaning to a turbo set up. i know i wont get many races but ive seen a allmotor gixxer 1k beat a turbo busa. thanks again for looking out man

Brown and Ludicrous, that sucks that you're working Ludicrous...we'll work it out for later in the year. Sounds like between Brown and I we couldnt make one good bike. Sorry for the thread jack too :(

don't get too light a spring. your spring pressure should be the minimum amount of boost that you'd ever run.

Back