clutch on VR stage 1

Just wondering how many here have a similar setup with stock clutches ect. How does the stock clutch setup hold up and why and what mods do you recomend without spending 1000 for a lockup clutch.
coffee.gif

They hold up pretty well,add the heavy duty springs though.If the pressure is too much for your liking...alot of people just change every other spring.I changed them all.Its a bit of a job in traffic,but you'll end up with "kung fu" grip on your left hand.Hope this helps.NJ.

I have my boost as high as I can get it and have had NO clutch slippage whatso ever.The stock disks and steels are very good.

(nitrousjunkie @ May 13 2007,12:01) They hold up pretty well,add the heavy duty springs though.If the pressure is too much for your liking...alot of people just change every other spring.I changed them all.Its a bit of a job in traffic,but you'll end up with "kung fu" grip on your left hand.Hope this helps.NJ.

Same here on my streetbike,
You will need a slave cyl brace.
Same here on my streetbike,
You will need a slave cyl brace.

Start getting some slippage once you start going past 320hp. Heavy heavy springs will help.

I'm not sure if I have a stock clutch or not but I do notice how much grip I have and I can't stand it in traffic! Not only that but starting out in first is a pain to because its hard to ease the clutch out at a lower RPM (to keep the noise from the dump to a minimum around the cops). It seems that if I don't start at 3K and start easing the clutch out that it'll bite and drop my RPM's really quick! I also have a problem of regular city driving too, apparently the bike doesn't like to go slow
biggrin.gif

(marlboroman71818 @ May 14 2007,05:18) thanks nitrousjunkie,

no one else has any imput, come on the turbo threads are getting kinda slow
Stock clutch is the best... I have a 460HP turbo job and my buddy has a 550HP turbo job and we both use stock clutch because it is the strongest. Just get heavy duty clutch springs and you are set...

The aftermarket clutches, like APE are NOT as good as the stock clutch beleive it or not...

CLoud

Back