Clutch Noise Question and Troubleshooting

2fiftyR

Registered
I recently bought a Turbo Charged Hayabusa Powered Sand Rail. I just returned from a dune trip this last week and noticed in my driveway what seems like an abnormal sound from the clutch system. Let me explain.

With the car idling in neutral, I can quickly depress the the clutch pedal all the way to the floor (for street bikes that would translate to pulling on the clutch lever) and I hear a growling type sound (like the transmission is synchronizing?) that then slowly dissipates in a few seconds if I hold the pedal at the floor. If I do the same motion, but slowly depress the clutch pedal to the floor, there is no sound of this happening.

I don't recall having heard this or done this fast motion when I first got the car and before I took it out on a few trips. I have not verified if this is a Gen I or Gen II motor, but I can if needed.

I have read a little here about the clutch bolts backing out on Gen II, but not sure that would explain what I'm hearing. I only hear it when disengaging the clutch and doing it very rapidly. I also wonder if by depress the clutch pedal all the way to the floor if I'm not disengaging the clutch beyond some normal travel point that would not be experienced in a normal bike.

I figure one of the many experts on this forum may be able to help puzzle this out with me. I really appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

BTW, I'm new to this forum and enjoy reading all the cool stuff that it has to offer.

Thanks

Mark

Back