Clutch no slipping problem

kev_hughes

Registered
NOt have mmy 1999 very long but it has been this way since I got it.

If I try to pull off with any more then 3000 revs the bike violently joltes forwards and wheel spins or trys to chuck me off! Even with tiny amounts of gas.

It will not slip at all above around 3000 revs. It makes fast starts impossible.

Any ideas?

For drag racing...there isnt much play in the busa clutch. if you get youre bike and let the clutch out to where you have to hold it back to keep from moving foward...this is where you want to be. From this point you can roll on the gas while leaving you had at the same position on the clucthand the bike should move foward. if it does than you got it now do the same thing but this time get on it hard and once you get going let the clutch out slowly. THis will help you lauch better but it will eat up your clutch plates
wink.gif

If you mean it is functioning like an on/off switch, you need to do an 02+ conversion, or a brock mod. Do searches on these, PM me if you still can't figure it out. I know exactly what you mean, it happened to me. I solved it with the 02+ clutch ......

If you mean it is functioning like an on/off switch, you need to do an 02+ conversion, or a brock mod. Do searches on these, PM me if you still can't figure it out. I know exactly what you mean, it happened to me. I solved it with the 02+ clutch ......
yeah that is exactly what i mean.
So i need a whole new 02+ clutch ?? was hoping for a simple and free fix !!!

yeah that is exactly what i mean.
So i need a whole new 02+ clutch ?? was hoping for a simple and free fix !!!
No such luck. It's not really that expensive, PM Golden Child, he'll give you the scoop. If you drag race it's worth the extra $$ for a clutch mod, but you can get by with just the 02+ clutch if you're on a budget..it's about $150.

Back