Clutch mod

Johnnie Phatt

Registered
Hi again. I did a search but it was not terribly successful
I am wondering what the clutch mod is. Why I should do it and how it fixes what ever the problem is
Tia
Jp

The Gen 2 clutch mod is needed because when you launch from standing start with any sort of power , the bike can lurch and hop on take off , really badly . It is because of the semi slipper type clutch that Suzuki thought was a good idea on the Busa , the silly twits !!
So , you can get a billet center piece fitted with springs , from Frank , but you can see what you need here , but Frank will be able to get you the springs and advise on how the clutch plates are replaced . ,Brocks Clutch Mod Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa (99-19)

Yeah, as Toad said, the center billet piece is designed to eliminate the 'slipper design', (an early slipper clutch design that works to eliminate clutch slip when really loading the clutch, but is unable to handle the slipping when trying to get away from a standing start under medium to high RPM.)
The billet piece essentially locks up the clutch basket to the input shaft, and you are able to slip the clutch to your heart's content, even under high RPM, without it bucking and hopping like a lunatic!!

I ran a
welded
mod for years
( GoldenChild )
without issue .

I saw no need to buy an
expensive billet piece .

:race:

dsc02271-small-jpg.jpg

Is there any chance that this mod will increase the chance of momentary rear wheel lockup during an aggressive high RPM downshift?

cheers
ken
Yes, there is a chance because it eliminates the part (or the movement of the part) that was designed to do that....
I think that a true slipper clutch (or a semi-slipper like this) is mostly overkill for the street so I had no qualms removing it, but if you regularly downshift hard at high rpm, maybe this isn't the mod for you.

Is there any chance that this mod will increase the chance of momentary rear wheel lockup during an aggressive high RPM downshift?

cheers
ken
It is a direct lock up so it is as aggressive as you are with the down shift & clutch release. You get a feel for it easily but like anything else you must respect it or it will chirp move tire around some.

Think was someone on here, but isn't there a billet basket that has the clutch mod included thats a little more expensive but then you also get some more weight reduction on a spinning part?

Back