Clutch mod question

brett1k

Registered
Hey guys, I'm gonna install Brock's ultra light clutch mod tomorrow on an 09. I would like to know what size the clutch hub nut is before I start. Just so I know if I have to get one or if I already have it.
Thanks,
Brett

I just had my clutch apart and put it back together last week ,I think its a 30mm, also you will need something to hold down the center clutch hub so you can tourqe the nut.
I made a tool myself using 3/4" flatbar and drilled two holes to line up with 2 of the clutch spring stands and bolted the bar to that.

OK, so I get the clutch mod done and everything buttoned up. I start the bike, drop it in first, let the clutch out and, holy ****, the bike doesn't move. I was like WTF is going on. So I took it back apart re-read the instructions and found the problem pretty easily. The instructions weren't really clear on how hard you need to push on the pusher to get it in all the way. Pushed the pusher ALL THE WAY in, quickly put the clutch cover back on and put the casing on. Started it up, dropped it in first ,let the clutch out and I'll be damned it rolled forward just like it should. I was a little scared when it didn't move but it was a good learning experience. The bikes almost done, now only three more months til I can ride it!

Oh, and thanks Biggdaddy, I made a tool to hold the clutch hub and it worked great! What would I do without the ORG?

Brett

I had my stock one welded up with stiffer springs, I was running CRG shorty levers and took me about 40 miles to get use to the new set up.

Back