Clutch mod for road bike?

HongKongPhooey

Registered
Hi, I've read a lot about the clutch mods for race/strip.... Can anyone tell me if it's a good idea to do on a road bike please?

I can't use the full speed of the bike on the road without the obvious risks but I love standing starts and using the awesome acceleration. This seems slightly limited due to the clutch back torque limiter.

I'm considering just doing the locking ring option but I've read that it can cause rear wheel lock ups when down changing.

Any views/experience gladly received! Cheers.

Have one on mine for street use, no issues, just remember that with a Brock's/welded unit in, it's possible to lock the rear wheel downshifting with high revs, but you learn to ride around that after a while. Worth while mod in my opinion

Thanks, that's good news. I asked a bike parts company selling a brocks kit on eBay too... This is what he said;

'This modification eliminates the slipper clutch on your bike, which can cause your back wheel to lock up if you down shift into first. It is used for drag racing. You may want to look into a performance clutch such as Barrnet'

As I don't intend to downshift into first gear whilst riding I think I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

I have for sale a welded modified stocker for$50!
For street use you really dont need the lightened one!
Thanks, that's good news. I asked a bike parts company selling a brocks kit on eBay too... This is what he said;

'This modification eliminates the slipper clutch on your bike, which can cause your back wheel to lock up if you down shift into first. It is used for drag racing. You may want to look into a performance clutch such as Barrnet'

As I don't intend to downshift into first gear whilst riding I think I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

DSC02271 (Small).JPG

Back