Clutch Lever Engage Adjustment.....

Blue Bayou

Registered
I installed the clutch lever pushrod and bushing kit yesterday, took it for a test ride and came
to the conclusion it was engaging WAY too far out in the lever throw. I pulled the pieces out
today and compared them to the old pieces. Turns out the manufacturer made the new pushrod
about 2mm longer than the old one. So what I did was take the old pushrod, measure it and
then I took off an additional 1mm to see if I could bring the engagement point IN closer to
that of a NON-hydraulic clutch. It worked out quite well and the final measurement for me
came to 13.5mm from the rubber cup holder to the end of the piece that fits into the bushing.
(see photo) for how you measure. So if you wanted to bring the engagement point a little more
toward the handlegrip than I have already done, you would probably want to cut it down even more to perhaps 13mm. Take it down very slowly on the bench grinder and don't get the piece too hot to where it
loses it's tempering. So there you have it. It's quick, easy and works great. Took the bike for a test ride and it's a joy and pleasure to have it engage a little closer to the grip.
BB

IMG_6426.JPG

IMG_6430.JPG

Back