Clutch Help

Plantinit

Registered
I have a 2007 Busa with a 1441. The issue I am having is with the clutch. When I try to launch the bike there is very little play in the clutch. I have tried both after market an OEM clutch levers. When launching I pre-load the clutch, but after that when I try to release the clutch slowly the clutch engages fully. I can move the lever closer to the bar or have it further, but it still engages fully. After this happens the bike bogs and the result is a poor sixty foot.

Clutch
1. APE Trac King Clutch Pak - Stack height is fine, clutch fibers and steels are fine.

2. Welded one piece - Tried both a Brocks one piece and welded one piece.

3. Clutch springs - They are not the heavy duty springs, but have washers. Tried to run thicker springs without the washers and the clutch was blowing through the clutch.

4. Brocks clutch mod.

5. Slave support bracket.

Thanks in advance for the help. :banghead::please:

Plantinit

Sounds as your clutch fluid is shot! Bleed the system and use a good qaulity DOT4... Most dragracers forget to change the clutch fluid.

Sounds as your clutch fluid is shot! Bleed the system and use a good qaulity DOT4... Most dragracers forget to change the clutch fluid.

I had the clutch fluid changed about three months ago, but no telling what is in there. I will change it next week.

Thanks

PM GIXERHP or Professor they both have plenty of clutch experience and might be able to help further.

Sounds almost like bad fluid or not bled properly. may have a combination of things,, air in the system and bad fluid.

Lankeeyankee,

I changed the clutch fluid today and when I opened the bleeder valve there were definitely air bubbles in it. The fluid did not look that bad by looking through the sight class. After I started bleeding it was pretty dark in comparison to the new fluid.

I finished changing it and did a couple of launches. All I can say is WOW!!:laugh: I got to feather the clutch and the launches were smooth, with plenty of bite. The real story will be this weekend at the track.

Thanks for all the help.:bowdown:

Lankeeyankee,

I changed the clutch fluid today and when I opened the bleeder valve there were definitely air bubbles in it. The fluid did not look that bad by looking through the sight class. After I started bleeding it was pretty dark in comparison to the new fluid.

I finished changing it and did a couple of launches. All I can say is WOW!!:laugh: I got to feather the clutch and the launches were smooth, with plenty of bite. The real story will be this weekend at the track.

Thanks for all the help.:bowdown:

Awesome!! Glad that fixed her! The best thing is didnt cost that much just some brake fluid..
Clutch fluid is hard to keep clean but it tends to detierate fast with a drag bike due to the numberous temps it will cycle.. launch burning the clutch / fluid,, sit till the next time trial or round..

i always use a mighty vac to blead out and change all my clutch and brake fluid, it makes it realy easy to completly remove all the old fluid. i do mine usauly every spring when im getting the bike ready. it doesnt take long and you use them alot through out the year. it usaly takes me about 20 min. to do all three. you can get the vacs at harbor freight for about 25 bucks.

Back