Clutch Fix. Do it yourself?

OB_BusaTim

Registered
Looking at a picture of the Brock Davidson clutch fix. Could you not just weld the one in the bike together yourself. Is the one Schnitz sells a welded factory. I got the Carpenter clutch fix now but i could have saved 70 bucks if all you have to do is weld the factory one. I have a freinds bike that needs the mod. Anyone know?

they had a person do one awhile, back and yes while was done the welder said he woulnt do one again. So it must be pretty tough,.....

It can be done (but I didn't, bought the BD).
Centralize with shim stock, weld on a flat surface. Welding problem is that inner and outer pieces are dissimilar metals.
Yes the kit is welded factory parts.
It's truly one of those cases where doing 50 pieces would probably take about twice as long as doing one.

[This message has been edited by tinhead (edited 11 May 2000).]

The Schnitz one is Brocks, sold through them. My friend will be doing it himself by a professional welder. I will reply when the results of it are in. I have installed a few and Brocks is done perfectly without any problems.

The secret is in the machining BEFORE welding.

I have almost twenty broken cores I keep on display at my shop from do-it-yourselfers.

I am STILL waiting on MY first failure!

Please excuse the arrogance.(After all, I am a racer.....with a degree.)

Brock
b_davidson@msn.com

Hi Brock nice to see you took time out of your VERY busy schedlude for a post Thank you.
Like I said before I had my welder do it and he said never again.heck they are in stock way wait.

O.K., O.K. i get the message. I already have the fix and my buddie wanted me too see if i could weld his.I work in a Steel Mill and we have welders that are good. I was just wondering. But i see that Brock replied so we will go that route. Thanks.

Back