clutch failure???

diesel_traction

Registered
Hi,
 Taking new Busa home tonight, noticed a funny smell a half mile after leaving dealer.  Got home and noticed smoke coming from clutch area and squeaking/grinding sound when releasing the clutch in neutral.  The clutch does not slip, and feels fine otherwise.  Is this normal for a bike with 0-12 miles on it???
 Any help is appreciated.  Please point me in the right direction if nobody here can help.

Marc

bought my o2 new. home took 24 miles nothing but new smell in general. id bring her back .doesnt sound cool. paid for it to be perfect so expect it.good luck,what color you get?

Hi,
 Taking new Busa home tonight, noticed a funny smell a half mile after leaving dealer.  Got home and noticed smoke coming from clutch area and squeaking/grinding sound when releasing the clutch in neutral.  The clutch does not slip, and feels fine otherwise.  Is this normal for a bike with 0-12 miles on it???
 Any help is appreciated.  Please point me in the right direction if nobody here can help.

Marc
If it were just the smoke I would say yes it is just packing oils burning off. The squeaking/grindind noises I would call the dealer and have them take a look at it. With little to no miles on it I would question every little noise. Welcome to the board and I hope all works out for you.
Jim

Welcome...Take it back or tow it back...Your choice...You shouldn't be smelling alot or hearing anything weird...
wink.gif

Thanks for the help.
It's dark grey with black stripes.
Overall it's a monster and I totally love the bike.
Will post results of dealer visit as soon as I know something.

Marc

Back