Clutch Chatter

V8Pinto

Registered
Hello,
I did a search but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Hope this is not too much of a repeat, apologies if it is.

With the clutch fully engaged at about 10mph (barely rolling, clutch all the way out) when I give it lots of throttle, the clutch almost feels like it is ratcheting. It'll do one, two, maybe three clicks until I run out of rpm and have to shift. It's not slipping, and it's not wheelspin. It sounds more like the clutch slips a quarter turn and then catches but I don't feel it in the acceleration.

Is this some *feature* of the stock clutch? I'm on an 06' with about 3000 miles.

I don't see an "I'm dumb" smiley but if there were one, I'd use it.

I think what I was hearing was actually wheelspin. This morning I rolled out like I usually do and it ratcheted once and the r's went way up and the rear end stepped out ever so slightly.

Not only am I very pleased that my "clutch chatter" was actually wheelspin; but I am equally as pleased that the rear breaking loose is so controllable. Maybe it's because I just spent three days on my two stroke in the woods...but the Busa breaking loose was relatively low-drama.

Except for the G-forces!!!!

I'm stoked!

Mine chatters if I let it out above 400 RPMs- feedback I got was it is a stock clutch thing.

Back