Clutch, chain, or sproket

xejm61

Registered
All right my Busa compadres, its time for me to tap your experiences. With the engine off I can roll the bike and there is no noise coming from the chain or sprockets. The chain has the correct tension and is lubricated accordingly. The sprockets are good, no tooth missing or excessive wear. Now when I start the bike, i let it warm up and then go riding. When I am in second gear or sometimes thir gear it makes a noise like if the chain is rattling but when I hold the clutch in and out or even hold it in halfway it stops making that noise. I am trying to figure out if is the clutch or the friction plates. I got my bike with 6,000 mile and now I have 113,000 mile with no major engine work. Just kept up with the tune up and oil changes religiously. Last time I change the chain and sprockets was at 93,000 mile. So if anyone has any insight i would appreciate it.

Clutch basket?
Gearbox Output shaft has got to have some wear at that mileage so the extra speed vs pushing could be allowing such noises to be heard.

Back