Clutch Adjustment

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone know how to adjust the clutch on the Busa. I don't believe mine was set right from the factory or something. With the bike in gear and on the stands with the clutch pulled in the rear tire still wants to roll. Also, when entering first gear from neutral the bike will bounce forward a little. Kinda like a pop motion. I am easy on clutches and the bike has less than 2,000 miles. Any ideas.

Also, I seem to be hearing more noise from the motor on my 07 LE then I used to hear on my 05. Not really bad noises but you can kinda hear mechanical sounds coming from the valves. Not tapping so much, just noise in general. Any help would be great.

The ONLY adjustment is the pivot point on the lever...'07 LE
tounge.gif

Well that is not good then. Wonder if the clutch may be toast. Are there no internal adjustments?

Bike transmissions are different than cars...they will always clunk or lurch forward when you put them gear. The rear will want to spin a bit when
in neutral on a stand...if your idle speed is high this will be more noticeable.

(sccrvettel82 @ Apr. 22 2007,21:10) Well that is not good then.  Wonder if the clutch may be toast.  Are there no internal adjustments?
Nope

Switch to a full synthetic oil on you next oil change and it should shift and run MUCH smoother
wink.gif

(sccrvettel82 @ Apr. 22 2007,21:16) Any ides on the valvetrain noises?
Busa's are FULL of noises
laugh.gif
go with the FULL Synthetic...it will be like night and day
muscle.gif

Back