clunk in tranny when taking off

bikerboy2182

Registered
dont know if its an issue or just the way these are but it bothers me the my bike clunks when taking off from a stop. soon as u let out on the clutch it go's "clunk". lol. is that normal or can i make it less noticeable?

bike has 5000 miles of light duty use. brand new Ek chain. everything is how it should be. i heard it could need the brocks mod but not sure what it really does

Has it always done it or has it just started ? I think my clutch clanks a tad on release. I was thinking chain, but you cleared that up.

seems to do it more now then when newer but now things are getting worn in. most people are telling me i need the brocks mod but i dont know how my bike will like corners without a slipper clutch

seems to do it more now then when newer but now things are getting worn in. most people are telling me i need the brocks mod but i dont know how my bike will like corners without a slipper clutch

The Busa doesn't have a traditional slipper clutch. You can gear it down with high rpm's for the gear you're down shifting to and you'll still slide the back tire.
A slipper clutch has nothing to do with cornering, it's for hard downshifts without sliding the rear tire.
You're also not cornering like that on a stretched bike.
The Brocks clutch mod is for hard launches and nothing more too.
It's hard to diagnose your problem without being there in person.

So question. If I installed the welded hub and was doing 70mph then down shifted to 4th or 3rd would it lock up the back tire?

So question. If I installed the welded hub and was doing 70mph then down shifted to 4th or 3rd would it lock up the back tire?

It would depend on speed/rpm/gearing, no specific set numbers.
It's not going to really lock up, but it may slide for a moment .

I'm guessing by the mere fact that you even posed this question that your skill set level may be a bit low. I would suggest that untill your skills improve dramatically,that you never "dump" the clutch on a downshift...especially never 2 gears...and never at speed. Sounds to me like you've never raced or ridden hard in the dirt,or on the street,or you would have felt this(momemtary rear wheel lock-up) a thousand times.

Its not a "shot" at yer skills,but an offer of advice to keep you out of harm's way.:thumbsup:

RSD.

I'm guessing by the mere fact that you even posed this question that your skill set level may be a bit low. I would suggest that untill your skills improve dramatically,that you never "dump" the clutch on a downshift...especially never 2 gears...and never at speed. Sounds to me like you've never raced or ridden hard in the dirt,or on the street,or you would have felt this(momemtary rear wheel lock-up) a thousand times.

Its not a "shot" at yer skills,but an offer of advice to keep you out of harm's way.:thumbsup:

RSD.

Well learn please teach me a lesson. If I'm in the highway and want to pass someone, why can't I down shift from 6th down to 4th or 3rd ?

Well learn please teach me a lesson. If I'm in the highway and want to pass someone, why can't I down shift from 6th down to 4th or 3rd ?

You sound pissed,even with my disclaimer. :laugh:

If you feel the need to downshift from 6th to 3rd to pass someone with yer HAYABUSA at highway speeds,just dont "dump" the clutch.

My best bet here is to....

RSD.

towel.jpg

Not pissed at all man. I'm self taught so if I'm doing something wrong I would like someone to tell me. I'm always up for learning new stuff. Also no I don't need to downshift but some people I just want to get around asap

From 6th to 3rd on the freeway? Jesus Black Diamond! How fast do you want to go?? LOL

Anyway mine has quite a bit of clanking on take off. I think it's the chain slapping against the swing arm but I dunno.

like telboy2000 wrote, swap those cush drives out to schnitz racing rubbers and it will go away. im confident that is what it could be and i had the same problem with similar mileage (7k) and now 17.5k with no clunk. worst case scenario is that you drop $50 for them and if it's not the cush drive rubbers than shelf them until your oem ones are spent. :beerchug:

I just started hearing a clunk in mine recently. I know it's not my cush drive rubbers cuz I just put the polyurethane ones in. Must be my really stretched chain. Gotta change it in the next couple of days. lol

It's those pink fairings. The bike is resisting the color pink, which should NEVER be used on a Busa (even Chelle doesn't use pink on her Busa). Next, the engine will start to shake, burn oil, run and sound like a Harley, and will eventually shut down permanently.

jk -- :poke:

My guess is he is describing the "clunk" they all have. If you leave the line with minimal RPM's and let the clutch out real slow,they all "clunk."

At least all 3 of my have done so,and the other few I have ridden.Plus I am a firm believer in Postal's theory. ^ :laugh:

RSD.

Back