Clucth slipping

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
I just removed the clucth to get to the gps, i put it back togheter the same way i got it out and now the clucth is slipping in all gears, i torque everything to specs.

my guess is it isn't back together right....also why so many of us like the tre that doesn't require you to tear it apart in the first place...this may help
maybe the rod is hung up or bent?

0022.Gif.jpg

pull your cover off and take the hat off and turn it till it mates with inner hub..the last plate really doesn't matter whether it's turned or not...

my guess is it isn't back together right....also why so many of us like the tre that doesn't require you to tear it apart in the first place...this may help
maybe the rod is hung up or bent?

what rod are you talking about?

i didn't see that in there at all, is that bad? what do i need to do?

Last edited:
You wouldnt have its not visible if you remove the clutch. You would have had to tip the bike on its side to get it out. Doubtful thats your problem. If it was bent the clutch wouldnt disengage. What your describing suggests you didnt put the clutch pack back in properly. Did you mix up the steels and fibers in a different order. They're all a little different and need to be installed correctly to work.

I just noticed a have a leak of dot 4 coming out from the left side i guess is coming from the shifter area.

If you remove the clutch slave mount and check the slave cylinder.
It may just need to be cleaned and reseated (fully push it in), reinstall it and then bleed the system.
Mine leaked and this fixed it.
You may need a new rubber seal or piston for the slave, but try what I said first.

Back