CLOUDY CLUTCH FLUID

OB_ON A BUS

Registered
I HAVE CLOUDY CLUTCH FLUID, I IMAGINE ITS BECAUSE THE DEALER PUT CHEAP CRAP IN IT WHEN I BOUGHT THE BIKE.
CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN HOW TO CHANGE THE FLUID, AND THE BEST FLUID TO REPLACE IT WITH. CHEERS

You don't have clutch fluid, On A Bus.

The Busa has a wet clutch that is bathed in the same oil the engine uses.

Are you sitting down?

If it is cloudy, then you probably have coolant getting into your engine oil. Often that's a head gasket, but it is likely to be much more serious than that i.e. a cracked head.

Check your coolant level. If it's even slightly down, ride your bike straight to your dealer.

If the coolant isn't perceptibly down, there is some very small possibility that you got contaminated oil at your last oil change. To test that, change oil with oil from a new source and change filter and monitor it closely. If you go cloudy again, get thee to thy dealer.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 18 October 1999).]

We're working on it On a Bus, we're working on it. If you mean hydraulic fluid, say so.

No one is here to insult your intelligence; only to help if we can.

Could be air making it foamy, or absorbed moisture. The moment a container of hydraulic fluid is opened it starts to absorb moisture unless it's perfectly resealed, so maybe your dealer filled you up from a bulk container that was too old.

Bleed and replace the fluid.

there is to much heat,this is what's causing fluid changing colors and you get breakdown of clutch fluid.flush it out and replace with motul 600 break fluid.it's synthetic so be sure to flush the stock fluid good,don't mix the two.

the bikes come with everything in them except gas and battery acid.it's just not good fluid against heat.

SORRY DIRTY PETE, I SHOULD OF MADE MYSELF MORE CLEAR, ESPECIALLY THE SCARE YOU GAVE ME ON YOUR FIRST POST, WE ARE JUST LAZY IN BLIGHTY AND HAVE ALWAYS CALLED IT CLUTCH FLUID, WELL I HAVE ANY WAY, I WAS FORGETTING THE DIFFERENCE A SMALL POND CAN MAKE, ANYWAY CHEERS FOR YOUR HELP AND MY DOCTOR SAYS MY HEART WILL SOON BE BACK TO NORMAL.

Back