Close to home

karnage

Registered
Dont know if anyone here keep tabs on the news but this story disturbs me to the core.The Jeff Powell case.He murdered his kids this last sunday by blowing up his staged home for supervised visits with his two boys.He murdered his wife in 2009 in Utah.Just flat out tears me apart inside thinking about those two innocent boys in theyre last minutes and that poor social worker who pretty much witnessed it all.

My better half is a social worker supervisor. I fear this happening to her or any of her workers. They take so much sh!t from everyone. I mean it's not like they drive around all day looking for people's kids to take.....
Evidently he tried to kill the kids with a hatchet before they died of smoke inhalation. Poor things.

Yeah who does that to the kids he cant live without??Seems we have a lot of weird murders happen in this state.

It's a heartbreaking story. I can't imagine what it was like for those little boys, and at the hands of their own father :down:

Seems all I hear anymore are more and more stories of how parents dispose of their children...

Sick Bastid to do that to his own children. I hope he rots in hell. The criminal justice system and child protective svs failed these kids.

I agree the justice system failed as always.Now on top of it all, the westboro baptist church wants to protest the funeral tomorrow because it happened in lieu of the passing of gay marriage.The group of whackos is totally against homosexuality and protests it at any funeral they can show up to.So they are getting lines of bikes and big 4X4s to block road so the persession can drive by without seeing these idiots.These nu jobs protest at funerals for lost soldiers.WTH is the world coming to.

Sick Bastid to do that to his own children. I hope he rots in hell. The criminal justice system and child protective svs failed these kids.
The social worker called 911 from outside the door and was told they weren't sending anyone as it wasn't an emergency. The house blew while she was on the phone with them. Guess they believed her then....
CPS (DCFS here in IL) has the goal of returning children home. They were working on that with the supervised visit that was taking place when this guy killed his kids. At best it's a thankless job, at worst the worker would have been inside when he set the house off.

Back