Close Call

Darrgo

Donating Member
Registered
It has been one week since I was packing up the Hayabusa for the pilgrimage to Laguna Seca. What a weekend it had everything from near death experiences to drunken foolishness. The near death experience was memorable, It was a nice trip we where about an hour outside of Santa Maria there was no wind and it was early so the heat of the day was still at bay. I felt one with the bike as we made our way up the Questa Grade the speed limit is 65 and I was moving at a smooth 70. I noticed a Monk on the side of the road thinking that's strange not something you see every day that's for sure, I was moving to pass an RV that was hauling a car in the far right lane Nate was behind me on the 650 and a car was moving up to our left. So me and Nate being in the middle lane I thought we where fairly safe. Then all of a sudden the RV that I am about to pass decided it was time to pass the car in front of him. Its funny how in those O **** situations you don't have time to think just react I grabbed the Clutch and front break at the same time hitting the rear break with my right foot. Well I remember hearing the sequel of the New Pilot Power Road rear wheel and actually seeing the smoke then there was the slight slide of the rear breaking to the left so I let up on the rear break and all at once the front end started to wobble all I was thinking was well that's it I am going down (Actually was calm and excepted it) and o **** Nate is behind me I hope he has an exit planed. Well I don't know how but I kept the bike up right and hit the gas to get right up on that a** hat's window. I do remember the surprised look on his face as a guy on a Blue and Silver Hayabusa wearing a Joe rocket jacket and Icon Saint helmet with 2 naked angles on either side calling him every name in the book and giving him the one fingered salute. well I thought its only 2 more miles to Atascadero so I pulled over there and had about 3 Smokes in ten minutes still shaking and listening to Nate say I had no where to go if you would have hit the road so would have I.

Dude!!!
SHOCKED.gif

I want a happy ending!!
all_coholic.gif

Was the monk an omen? Man, that would definetly make you break out the spare pair of shorts!

Back