Close Call

cougar19

Donating Member
Registered
I was out for a blast around the Sutter Buttes this a.m. having a great ol time in the twisties. While coming around a left bend, I didn't like this big ditch I was looking at, so I hugged the center line for a little extra space. Well the back tire caught that slick paint and sarted sliding, then it grabbed and stood the bike up. A classic low side, high side. For whatever reason, not fast enough or didn't slide enough, I wasn't tossed. I knew paint was slippy, but I didn't think that skinny little line would make me slide that much. A cheap lesson. All it cost me was a new pair of shorts!! I solemny swear never to hit paint again unless I'm verticle!!
Cougar

Lucky
beerchug.gif

Glad it was only a scare. I had that happen at the track but it was due to grabbing too much throttle comin out of a turn. It is a VERY scary feeling.

Reminds me of when I first started riding. I came to a stop in the left-turn lane and put my foot down on the big white arrow. That arrow plus the fact there was a drizzle of rain nearly caused me to drop it.

Had I dropped it, the only good thing would have been it was my old 600 and not my Busa.

That road paint can be very slick when they are wet. Almost fell myself when putting my foot down on the white aroow. Glad you made it out okay, except for the shorts.

Yup, gotta watch out for that paint down the middle of the road. Glad you got out of it.

almost had that happen to me a couple of times. I even had a knee down but was able to recover. It scares the s*&t outta you though.

I was getting on the freeway (full throttle of course) at about 70 the rear began to spin went sideways. I thought she was going down. The cars that I had just flown by must have seen a blur go sideways.

Those painted lines will get you if your not paying attention. Also the weather here in missouri changed today from blazing hot to much cooler than normal. I went for a ride earlier today and had a tense moment coming out of a corner when the rear tire broke loose. Came back home and got a new pair of fruit of the loomes myself!

Yikes!
crazy.gif

It's a good feeling when it's over and you're still on two wheels, though, huh?
smile.gif

Watch them cat-eye reflectors also. They are a b!tch when they are damp.......
and watch out for oil slicks when pulling into a gas station. I nearly tipped my into a gas pump when I put my foot down on a patch of oil and nearly lost my footing. I twisted my left wrist (it ached for 2 weeks) catching my busa to keep it from tipping into the gas pump.

Pained my left wrist, but saved the my busa
smile.gif

I had a simillar incidenent the second time i rode my brand new busa. slight drizzle (not of the norm for vegas) went to take off at a light as i was going thru to crosswalk my rear tire decided to spin on the wet paint. Scared the crap out of me!

Back