Clip Ons

sjg34

Registered
Can someone tell me if the 7 degree clip ons hit the fairings when the bars are turned full left/right? I curious about the traditional clip ons and not a replacement upper tree cap. Any weight information would be nice as well
Thanks

I cant tell you about angel , but you should save weight as stock top clamp is actually TWO with extra hardware . When I went aftermarket top clamp , and handle bars it dropped 4 pounds off the bike .
Google photos may be some help .

I was guessing about 4 lbs so your numbers are good to hear. I have noticed the clip on manufacturers that specify a year for their parts only list the gen 1 Hayabusa.
I have a new top clamp on order and I just need to decide on the clip ons over the next week or two

Can someone tell me if the 7 degree clip ons hit the fairings when the bars are turned full left/right? I curious about the traditional clip ons and not a replacement upper tree cap. Any weight information would be nice as well
Thanks
@ROADTOAD1340 might have some info on clip-ons. I believe he has a similar setup on his lightweight busa.

I have only tried 5 degree generation 3 Renthal combined with Agras top clamp , with my setup , wouldn't want them any more angled
IMG_20180712_134511.jpg

. Looking at 600 grams for top clamp and 200 grams for each clipon , with a bit more weight from ti fasteners .

My setup clears fairing panel , clipons are however inherently lower than if mounted on a flat top top triple , being mounted on a 'w triple clamp' design . If you are planing on a conventional top triple that matches the main stock triple ( not counting the extra added height from the stock bolt on bar plate that accompanies stock triple ) in height position , the 6 degree should be also fine clearance to fairing .
My setup has to take into account the Brembo pumps , which can foul on full lock in forward dash area with certain setups .

Chassis mod? Do tell! I was looking at the Harris website a couple days ago and they have custom frames. Imagine the 1340 cc motor in a custom tube steel race frame! I'm not spending that sort of cash but it would be an amazing project.

I haven't checked Harris for awhile , but will now to see . I have been looking at a swingarm for quite awhile now , and tho it isn't a great time for Aussie dollar , under 70 c US , I am tempted to do it , it will be last addition to this bike . The motor will be pushed further down the list of do's for now anyway , because the next Gen 2 will be the hot rod motor .
Always have in mind , the essential things that I want done to make a special cycle . And try for best suspension , brakes , wheels that I can afford , and I aim for lighter / better , but got to be proven quality components first , then hopefully weight loss gains etc . benefits . So swingarm is really last if you want to go there . I still admire the old artisans from the old Gixxer days , like the UK lads from Spondon , and bikes and people that associated with them such as Steve Burns , who owned and rode many notable builds . All traceable from that crazy ol magazine called 'performance bike ' . Anyway , it is crazy because it won't fit the stealth look I just completed for L2 . I will show pics if I pull the trigger on this piece .

Back