Clinton to ban Hayabusas in U.S.!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB_RobBase

Registered
President Clinton announced today that he would seek to have the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) place the Suzuki Hayabusa on the list of Controlled Dangerous Substances, alongside such things as marijuana, cocaine and heroin. During his weekly radio address Clinton said he had no other option after reading a article in a well respected publication. Some quotes are as follows:
"The first time I rode my Hayabusa, I thought, this is what it feels like to be on crack."
"...this poop was bad! Whack the throttle, and it's like an electric motor - on crack."
"I first tried it on my test ride, and I'm already feeling the second stage of addiction. I can't get enough!"

Clinton was quoted as saying "Anything that has that effect on a person has to be mind-altering."

First, the Clinton ban story is a gag story.
Second, I hope I don't wind up like Orson Welles in "War of the Worlds" where you guys believe the title and when you find out its a hoax, you want to kill me. LOL :)
Third, the quotes are real.

I was at the bike shop today and the guy set out a stack of Roadracing World magazines and I had noticed the title "Building a 200mph Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa. I bought a copy as soon as I saw that. Inside there is an awesome article by Lee Shierts, a past FUSA
racer and speed shop owner. When I read his quotes I laughed so much I had to make this post. Anyhow he has lots of information on hop-ups for the big bus, details on how to add 10 HP in 45 minutes, and his 200mph pass on a mildly modified bus on a airport runway thats less than 1 mile long, using pump gas. Needless to say he loves the big Suzy. For any Kawasucky riders reading this
(just kidding!) he even mentions the ZX-12R;
"I know the Kawasaki guys are saying to wait for the ZX-12R, but 1200cc to 1300cc and Suzuki's buildability versus Kawasaki buildability? Did I say Hayabusa, baby?! Life is good!"
Anyway guys, sorry if anybody got pissed when they found out this post was a gag, but after reading this article I just had to post something funny. :) :) :)

Never tried crack, but when I accelerate and the blood leaves my brain, it's like a wild acid trip (sorry I'm from the 60's, and yes I can remember).

Great post, I sure needed the humor today. It's damn hot here, might go riding tonight around 10:00, should be about 90F.......gee guess I'll complain when we get our first snow and it's cold.

it was late and i wanted to see if you were sleeping. Don't be offended but I sometimes read your posts in a column and you end up somewhere far away from the original posting.

Glad you guys got a little laugh out of this post. Jeffw, its around 95 deg. here in Wash. D.C. but you just have to apply a little weatherman arithmetic to have a comfortable ride. 95 degrees + 100 mph wind chill = 70 degrees. HaHa!
Byhalia, Gixerbike1 is correct in his answer.
There are a lot of posts on this subject in the modification section of this board. This guy, Lee Shierts, seems to really know his stuff and says in his article that this is only stage 1 with stages 2,3,4,5 coming up. Hope he keeps writing articles on his progress.

The Hayabusa was brought to us by aliens, yup the same aliens who brought us the pyramids in Egypt. Funny I heard some other science fiction about little Green men and a ZX12.

Yosh-on Wells

Now Budda, if your a good little boy and don't post any more stupid questions we will tell you another bed time story tomorrow. Maybe the next story will be "All Quiet on the Eastern Front".

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 29 July 1999).]

byhalia the modification robBase refers to is an airbox modification.There are rwo layers to this airbox,The upper layer that contains the flapper valve, and a lower one that i believe is the bottom of the airbox.From what i could see in the photo,he cut a good size hole in the upper level, thereby eliminating the flapper valve as well.He says it is still streetable and gives you a free 10hp gain.If you can get the exact instructions, hell i'd go for it.I plan to modify the airbox in my 98 gsxr-750 to see if i can get some more out of it,Like i said heck it's free,can't beat that.
Tommy

RobBase,

You mind (after you ingest it) sharing that 10hp in 45 minutes tip from your magazine with us. That sounds very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back