Clicking noise?

Hectic

Registered
Hey guys, I have a problem. I should probably say that first off, I've followed the manual's break-in instructions to the letter. I haven't dropped, hit anything with, or otherwise abused my busa.

I took my baby out for a 100 mile ride this afternoon, (now at about 730, and going in for the first checkup on thursday) and on my way home, I thought I heard a weird clicking sound under me. At first I assumed it was gravel or sand getting kicked up by the front tire, or the chain bing a little loose. Eventually I pulled over and checked the chain tension, which wasn't too bad. I drove it back to my place, and kept hearing the noise. Pulling it into my garage, letting it idle in neutral I was able to tell that it sounded like an irregular metallic clicking noise under the faring in the general area of the engine/trans.

Is this something I should be really concerned about? is it safe to ride until I take it in for service? Should I trailer it the 15 miles to the dealer, at that? Have any of you had similar experiences?

Thanks for your input.
BA

I hope you don't take this as minimizing your concern. I had a weird kind of rattle that I could not locate. It turned out to be under the "hump". My tool kit had come loose and tools were moving around. Check the easy stuff first. Good luck.

I hope you don't take this as minimizing your concern. I had a weird kind of rattle that I could not locate. It turned out to be under the "hump". My tool kit had come loose and tools were moving around. Check the easy stuff first. Good luck.

Don't worry, I'm not. Woulda had a call into the dealer but they closed about 5 minutes before I got back home
guns.gif

Does it sound like valves tapping? If so check your oil level or posibbly a clogged oil filter.

Mine taps when I first start the engine.

Had the same noise, but at the next ride it wasn't there. Now it does it some of the time. Talked to my dealer about it and the mechanic directly. They said it could be the PAIR valve. I bought the dealer service manual so I am reading up on the thing.

I posted something a while back I was thinking mine was valve noise. I could here it the most if I was at aroud a steady 4000 rpms. As I put miles on the bike and made it through the first oil change I dont notice it as much anymore. Im now at almost 2000 miles. THe engine is a pretty loud power plant I would say its nothing to worry about yet. I would just have the local grease monkey double check it though since its under warranty.

You know have have heard the same kind of noise on my bike a few times. I usually hear ir when accelerating from a stop or something.

Back