Click From Front Brakes

Fredyp33

Registered
My '19 has a small clicking when applying brakes. It's mostly noticeable when going very slow. When I let go of the brake lever I can physically feel the brakes disengaging and I hear a small click.

This is my first Gen2 and I know it's got ABS.

Anyone else have this occur?

My '19 has a small clicking when applying brakes. It's mostly noticeable when going very slow. When I let go of the brake lever I can physically feel the brakes disengaging and I hear a small click.

This is my first Gen2 and I know it's got ABS.

Anyone else have this occur?

never mind...i read your question wrong!

The semi floating stock rotor buttons will always make some sort of noise , click I guess , from the caliper pulling the rotor across as the pads bite . When you let go of the lever their is one more click and then nothing ? Check the caliper and all parts of it and rotor for any foreign matter that might be caught in and around the obvious moving parts . Check if discs are straight , no knock damage etc. , if nothing found , probably all good .

I just checked and rotors are not floating. They’re fixed and snug.

It sounds like it’s coming from the ABS side. I’ll try to get a video tomorrow. It’s very consistent. If I roll the bike forward and get any momentum at all and pull front lever, it’ll click when I let the lever go. I’m fully aware what the brake lever switch sounds like and that’s not it. It’s clearly coming from down by the front wheel and it’s a significant click.

It’s not a scratching noise so I don’t suspect foreign material and it’s identical every single time. It’s probably correct and nothing wrong, but I just can’t put my finger on the cause. I like to be fully aware with what’s going on with my bike and when I do figure this one out I’ll keep everyone posted. I know a couple other people recently got a ‘19 so I’ll check with them if they’re hearing anything.

Keep the ideas coming because it’s gotta be something.

I spoke with MyBigToe (the person haha) and he said his 2019 is doing the same thing. He's taking it in for the 600 mile service and is going to check then.

Will keep everyone posted.

Go to to your local Suzuki Dealership and get their best tech to look at it . . diagnosis of this sort over a forum is difficult, if not impossible.

Ha! lmao!
That's a Tall order Kiwi.
Just because You are good at what you do means nothing in terms of your fellow bike "techs".
Finding a Good dealer with competant mechanics is unfortunately few and far between.:beerchug:

I just checked
and rotors are

not floating .

They are fixed and snug ?

It sounds like it is coming from the ABS side .

I will try to get a video tomorrow .

It is very consistent .

If I roll the bike forward
and get any momentum
at all and pull front lever ,

it will click when
I let the lever go .

I am fully aware of
what a brake lever
switch sounds like
and that is not it .

It is clearly coming from down
by the front wheel and
it is a significant click .

It is not a scratching noise
so I do not suspect foreign
material and it is identical

every single time .

It is probably correct and nothing wrong ,
but I just can not put my finger on the cause .

I like to be fully aware with what is going on
with my bike and when I do figure this
one out I will keep everyone posted .

I know a couple other people
recently got a 2019 so
I will check with them
if they are hearing
anything . . .

Keep the ideas coming
because it has got
to be something .

:poke:

2019-Hayanusa-Launched-India-750x430.jpg

Last edited:
Ha! lmao!
That's a Tall order Kiwi.
Just because You are good at what you do means nothing in terms of your fellow bike "techs".
Finding a Good dealer with competant mechanics is unfortunately few and far between.:beerchug:
Seriously??
My experience is the opposite, the two other techs I work with are very well trained and good guys, intelligent to boot, one is 24 and the other is 29.
I'm new to the motorcycle workshop scenario, having worked with cars predominantly all my working life, but I've seen a few crap car mechanics bluff their way in to a job but they are so over their heads they don't last long, weeks if anything. Thing is with mechanics, they are pretty smart and can see a fake immediately.
One thing I will say though, it is becoming harder and harder to find qualified and well trained and experienced auto techs here in NZ to fill positions at dealers (or any garage for that matter), the apprenticeships just aren't there and have been neglected by employers since the '90s.

Update... took it to the dealership and they were quick to diagnose it. The right side brake pads are a fraction of an inch too small. When I brake when slowly rolling forward the pad slides ever so slightly up. When I roll backwards and apply the brake it slides ever so slightly back. So while there’s nothing wrong with it; that’s the clicking I hear.

Spoke with MyBigToe and he’s having the same on his ‘19.

Back