Clearwaters and HIDs

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
Does anybody know which color temperature HID bulbs match the color of Clearwater LED lights?

Also, are all HID bulbs the same color for a given temp. rating? For example, if I get a DDM kit at 6500, will it be the same color as a McCulloch 6500, or a Visionpro 6500, etc?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Oh, and I guess that was my 3000th post... I'm not big on speeches, but this board and its members are just great! Thanks for everything over the last couple of years. :beerchug:

I believe the bulbs are pretty close in color.6K is white 8K is bright white with a hint of blue,10K is deep blue 12k is violet.I think they are all close in color.I was told by an HID guy even those colors will a little different.

if I set the Clearwaters at half to 3/4 power, they match my 6K HID low beam perfectly!! I've got a 4300 high beam if you're wondering (both 55w).

lights 018.jpg

lights 037.jpg

See I have a 6000k HID and it is more bluish than that... I guess it depends on the kit...

See I have a 6000k HID and it is more bluish than that... I guess it depends on the kit...

Not sure what brand mine are, got them off ebay about 3 years ago. paid around $250 for the whole kit (mini ballasts, delay start, capacitor for the high beam...). The above pic is pretty color accurate, they are bright white with just a bit of blue. the 4300 high beam has just a bit of yellow.

I guess not all HID bulbs are the same...

Yep, those adds are topic related. You will find tire sales in the tire threads. I posted up about Disneyland and bang...there was an add for Disneyland.

funny, this was just at the top of this thread. big brother must be watching.

Yeah my 6000k Is exactly the colors that chart shows... I think most kits are based of those color temps... You mustve got lucky perhaps or other companies go off diferent colors

Good info, thanks.

Denon, I like your setup, but do you have heat issues running two 55w bulbs?

Good info, thanks.

Denon, I like your setup, but do you have heat issues running two 55w bulbs?

Never any heat issues...I can't even feel anything getting hot. I did have starting & ballast issues. Be sure to install a time delay (or do the starter button trick if it works on your year). I also put a capacitor inline on the high beam because, at anything below 2000 rpm, it would flicker until the ballast/bulb was warmed up...about 10 seconds.

Back