ClearAlternatives Tinted Rear Lenses...Absolute Crap!

critterdoc

Banned
Back ordered the last two times I ordered them, both times I wasn't told until I called to find out where they were, and both times the bloke who answered the phone was rude. But I soooo hate the way the rear looks with the white lenses, and the integrated rear light/indicators I bought from them for my Ducati was such good quality, that I thought I'd give it one more try.

Well...they're crap! Inside where the screws go fits nice and snug, but there's a good 1/4" gap between the outside of the lens and the cowling.

I'll post pics in a day or two. I guess they'll stay on until I can paint the originals.

I have some that are factory, the guy I bought mine from put them on there. I think they were painted with the tint made for that, but they look pretty good if that is your thing. I wouldn't mind selling them as I put on the stockers.

not saying you did this, but you can mount the oe ones where they leave a gap. the tab has to be hooked up. might double check it.

it seems CA has been developing a slow and sure bad reputation. hope they get it worked out.

not saying you did this, but you can mount the oe ones where they leave a gap. the tab has to be hooked up. might double check it.

it seems CA has been developing a slow and sure bad reputation. hope they get it worked out.

Not altogether sure what you mean by "hooked up," but I'll try that. Thanks.

Not altogether sure what you mean by "hooked up," but I'll try that. Thanks.

theres a tab opposite the screw side that has to be engaged or they wont line up right and look horrible. i did it when i put my bike back together from paint.

theres a tab opposite the screw side that has to be engaged or they wont line up right and look horrible. i did it when i put my bike back together from paint.
Thanks, but checked everything again and the tabs are aligned perfectly.

Just a crap product!

Thanks, but checked everything again and the tabs are aligned perfectly.

Just a crap product!

put an oe in one side and send the pics to CA and see what they say. hopefully they can do something for ya. if at least get your money back.

a buddy of mine uses some spray tint from ebay and swears by it. just type in jdm spray tint. some crap from japan but he likes it better than the vht stuff:beerchug:

I have never had any problems wiht C.A. products. I had to wait ann extra week when I ordered my smoked lenses, but I was notified by email within 3 days of my purchase that it would be an extra week. The fitment was OK, not perfect but still not horrible. I have two sets of the rears because I ordered the blue tinted one first, and decided to finally get the smoked vesion. Sorry for all the inconveniences that they have caused you, but in my experiences they are a decent company.

back when they shipped me a smoke instead of a clear they never responded to any of my many emails...their phone number did not allow any messages either. Luckily I had a friend that had a clear one and I swapped with him.

It was suppose to be during their "move", but it was past the time they said on their site they should be up and going good...they just sux in my opinion.

Now would be a good time for a quality startup company to get busy.

I recently bought the hotbodies kit and I had some fittment issues that were fixed with minor sanding. If you want that look I would give them a shot. Check ebay you can even save yourself about thirty bucks or so.:thumbsup:

Why not get the kit from Hot Bodies.

Cos it's even worse quality than the CA effort.

+100 HotBodies has a long history of bad fitment issues and makes an inferior product IMO.

You won't need to search my posts very long to see how vocal I've been about Clear Alternatives piss poor service. I intentionally ordered my CA smoked lenses from Tim @ Pashnit just so I would not have to deal w/ them over the phone.

Still have not heard anything....Unfortunately to no fault of his own, I don't believe Tim is having any better luck getting a confirmed ship date than I would have been.
Just hope mine fit properly :banghead:

Sucks for you I'm sure. I've been going at this for over half a year now. If the fit indeed turns out to be shid...I'm going ahead w/ this JDM BLACK LENS SPRAY PAINT TINT PAINTER TAIL LIGHT x1 : eBay Motors (item 350327782281 end time Mar-19-10 15:44:51 PDT) stuff that mattstang recommended and spraying 'em.

Try WhiteLights in Germany.Top quality.I have buy turnlights and taillight and is wery pleased.CA is crap,i have try it

Those look sweet. Quite a bit more expensive at about $162 + shipping for both front & rears. But they appear to be darker which is nice. Wonder how long a set of those would take to arrive :whistle:

+100 HotBodies has a long history of bad fitment issues and makes an inferior product IMO.

You won't need to search my posts very long to see how vocal I've been about Clear Alternatives piss poor service. I intentionally ordered my CA smoked lenses from Tim @ Pashnit just so I would not have to deal w/ them over the phone.

Still have not heard anything....Unfortunately to no fault of his own, I don't believe Tim is having any better luck getting a confirmed ship date than I would have been.
Just hope mine fit properly :banghead:

Sucks for you I'm sure. I've been going at this for over half a year now. If the fit indeed turns out to be shid...I'm going ahead w/ this JDM BLACK LENS SPRAY PAINT TINT PAINTER TAIL LIGHT x1 : eBay Motors (item 350327782281 end time Mar-19-10 15:44:51 PDT) stuff that mattstang recommended and spraying 'em.

heres a pic of the guys bike that told me to use that stuff...

3789096806_cb6af1c7a3_o.jpg

Those look sweet. Quite a bit more expensive at about $162 + shipping for both front & rears. But they appear to be darker which is nice. Wonder how long a set of those would take to arrive :whistle:

I'll let you know. I just ordered the fronts because I wasn't happy with the spray tint I did on the fronts. It looked o.k. when the lights weren't on, but it had some darker spots when they were activated. Thought I'd give the whitelights a shot.

Back