ClearAlternatives 100 LED Taillight

InfiniteReality

Registered
I haven't seen anyone post some pictures of this tail light on here, so figured I'd share mine. I've ran the stock light, the Hong Kong special one in the light smoke variety and now this. Hands down this is the best and brightest one. Fitment was nice and since I already had my other one wired up with my side running lights, signals and brake modulator, it was just a plug and play for me. With all 3 lights back there doing everything, safety has always been #1 and this helped me out even more with that. The pictures with a flash don't do it justice, it matches my stock signals alot better than the pictures show. The flash shows the white circuit board a lot more than the reflective insides of the signals for some reason. I'd recommend it to any and everyone.

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3713.jpg

NICE! Wondering if you could give all the aorts that you used to make the new lighting setup (ie new bulbs, what relays, etc...)

Hope their new stuff is better than the old... I have ridden with hundreds of people over the years on Busas and I don't think I have ever seen a clear alternatives bulb that didn't have a segment not working in the lights...

I don't think I've ever owned a CA LED light, just lenses for the gen1 busa. Fingers are crossed that it'll work for a long time, but worse case I have no problems that some go out I can either straight up replace them or just say screw it and upgrade all the LEDs to some higher power "better" ones. :)

They're way brighter than the OEM or Hong Kong ones. Lense matches better too. :)

As far as how I got all my lights to work, I changed out the rear and front sockets from 1156 to 1157's so I could run a dual element bulb. I use a module that I wired into the tail light circuits, it was called Kuryakyn Universal Run-Turn-Brake Controller. Hope that helps!

I have the other LED tail light.. i like it just fine. The new one.. is pretty sweet! lol.. mine is pretty bright. Wonder about the other.

Hope their new stuff is better than the old... I have ridden with hundreds of people over the years on Busas and I don't think I have ever seen a clear alternatives bulb that didn't have a segment not working in the lights...

Yep. My CA LED tail light light failed within moments of coming out of the box, as did the LED turn signals I bought from a vendor here. (To his credit, he tried to get MotoLume to provide some sort of warranty but they wanted me to post the damn things back to San Diego, which is prohibitively expensive. So I was >$100 out of pocket there.)
As for the tail light, the awesome people at Rocky Mountain ATV instantly refunded my money, no questions asked. I have previously bought tyres from them and they will definitely continue to receive my business.

Anyway, OP, your new tail light looks great. I hope you have better luck with the CA brand than I did.

OEM versus Hong Kong, I didn't notice any brightness difference. I wouldn't have used it if it made people seeing me brake worse. Never did like the fact they only had 19 (I think) LEDs on it, even thought they had chrome reflector inside.

I haven't ridden with it yet, temps dropped around here but fingers are crossed everything goes well. One thing I noticed about this light versus HK one is that I can easily access screw holes to get the lense off. Makes me want to just go ahead and build a new board for the light with some 33000mcd red 10mm LEDs I have used on my Gen1 busa.

SNC15008.jpg

SNC15018.jpg

Just tail light, not brake light.
SNC15032.jpg

I have the one u have pictured on the left.

It lasted me all of three months and it crapped out on me. Ill never buy another product from CA again

I have the one u have pictured on the left.

It lasted me all of three months and it crapped out on me. Ill never buy another product from CA again

If you are talking about the light on the left in his first pic it is NOT the CA light. That is the Hong Kong special. I haven't had a problem with mine yet but I will be switching over to the CA one this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have had the ebay special light (pictured on the left) installed for a year or more now and have been very happy with it so far. This clear alternatives light looks pretty good, and i might think about upgrading. Does have me worried though bc i have read plenty of horror stories about ca products and their customer service. Also have ca front and back smoke signals on my 08, fitment isn't 100% perfect but i am happy with them. Really not sure which light i like better in the looks department though, the ca or hong kong light

Hemi, MotoLume now owns/sells the CA brand, and they claim they are "working with the manufacturing facility in china that originally made the products and are working to make the products better".

Given that CA products are priced at the top of the market, I was quite surprised to learn that they are made in China. I mean, when I'm getting charged +/- $90 for a tail light, I would expect that it be made in the USA.

have had the ebay special light (pictured on the left) installed for a year or more now and have been very happy with it so far. This clear alternatives light looks pretty good, and i might think about upgrading. Does have me worried though bc i have read plenty of horror stories about ca products and their customer service. Also have ca front and back smoke signals on my 08, fitment isn't 100% perfect but i am happy with them. Really not sure which light i like better in the looks department though, the ca or hong kong light

Same here, I think I may have been first one to get one... I've had it since May of 2010 with no issues other than I apparently broke the bottom "notch" on it. I think that's when I had the rear of the set too low... it was enough so that my 100lb wife couldn't ride with me without rubbing.

Hemi, MotoLume now owns/sells the CA brand, and they claim they are "working with the manufacturing facility in china that originally made the products and are working to make the products better".

Given that CA products are priced at the top of the market, I was quite surprised to learn that they are made in China. I mean, when I'm getting charged +/- $90 for a tail light, I would expect that it be made in the USA.

Fingers are crossed that LED's last... Mass produced LEDs I've bought in past from HK typically dont' last near as long as they should... At least in 5mm sizes.

whats the flash rate on the blinkers?
They're normal. I installed an old module called TrickFlasher in lieu of my stock flasher. I tried a couple of electronic flashers I had laying around and none would work with my Gen2 for some reason. The TrickFlasher gives me 5 different flashing patters including stock. No switch, every thing changes with the turn signal switch. :) The CA light comes with resistors though so everyone's flash rate should remain stock tho.

OEM versus Hong Kong, I didn't notice any brightness difference. I wouldn't have used it if it made people seeing me brake worse. Never did like the fact they only had 19 (I think) LEDs on it, even thought they had chrome reflector inside.

I haven't ridden with it yet, temps dropped around here but fingers are crossed everything goes well. One thing I noticed about this light versus HK one is that I can easily access screw holes to get the lense off. Makes me want to just go ahead and build a new board for the light with some 33000mcd red 10mm LEDs I have used on my Gen1 busa.

SNC15008.jpg

SNC15018.jpg

Just tail light, not brake light.
SNC15032.jpg

I have the same undertail ... Would you make me a set of these for mine ?

I just bought the 100 LED one from extremekempy. I plan on replacing the integrated yellow LEDs with red ones and wiring them into the brakes to make a SUPER bright led tail light. You are going to be able to see me hit the brakes from a mile behind in the daylight :laugh:

Back