Clear up NHRA rules? Sub 9 sec please

Jake whitebird

Registered
Okay so the obvious; snell helmet, chain guard, tether, suit, all i have from racing at Bandimere last 2 years. But best I did was 10.5 @ 135. below 10.00 @ 135 I need new certifications. Event in 21 days I want to make. So help me here, apply for a license after a physical? Then go qualify and I’m good to what e/t and speed? I’m still learning the launch so who knows if I’ll even hit 9s lol but I’d like to go to Bandimere prepared before I rip off a mid 9 and they boot me. Thank you

It’s only 1/8 mi but yes yes I’ll have many! Described it the same as a 1/4 track back home whereas you actually get runs in. Bandimere fills up so fast that you might wait in isle 1-2 while they’re filling up and running 9-10 :banghead:

you can go 140 mph or 145mph on a bike. car is different. when did they change it to you needing a physical? when I did mine 2 years ago I didn't need a physical. get those 60 foots in the low 1.5s at less.

You need a class 4D license (9.99-7.50). No medical required. You will need to make 6 solo licensing passes (1 half, 3 moderate and 2 full) and have 2 licensed riders and the track manager sign off on the runs. If you don't run the number, it doesn't count. If your new, get some seat time before you make your licensing passes.

And you MUST make the licensing runs down a 1/4 mile track. If you license to the 1/8, you'll be restricted to 1/8 mile only. It's $240 for a 2 yr license

Nothing really new here. Sub 6.40 on the 1/8. Sub 10. on the 1/4. Been that way for a long time. If you make your license passes. And get it sent in. NHRA will email you a temporary license. In a couple weeks.
IHRA will except a copy of your state drivers license and a copy of your NHRA license. And issue you an IHRA license. It is a little safety. And a lot money... Who do you think foots the bill for the guys you watch on TV. If you watch them...?

And you MUST make the licensing runs down a 1/4 mile track. If you license to the 1/8, you'll be restricted to 1/8 mile only. It's $240 for a 2 yr license

NO TRUTH TO THAT AT ALL... You can license on an 1/8 mile track. Or a 1/4 mile track. You get the same NHRA license... And you're good to go at any NHRA track.

NO TRUTH TO THAT AT ALL... You can license on an 1/8 mile track. Or a 1/4 mile track. You get the same NHRA license... And you're good to go at any NHRA track.
You're right, sorry about that. The 1/8 mile restriction only applies to advanced ET and faster. Im a former NHRA division director having difficulty keeping track of 7 licensing levels in 4 different categories without dealing with it everyday.

I’m not trying to let out sir! They’re having cooorados fastest street bike, with payouts up to 4th place... so cert tomorrow so I’m legit to run wide open. Just verifying if anyone knew if they’re leanent on my trial runs.

Back