Clear lenses for front signals

G

One of the main things that struck me about the 2000 models was that they cry out for clear lenses on the front signals with the yellow bulbs, blues or reds would benefit from this equally. I installed flush mounted versions of these in the rear today and they looked perfect. Like they were made to be there. If anyone knows of the lenses being made by any aftermarket company please put me on to them right now. If not we need to find someone to make them. Let me know what you think.

Omega,
Did you mount rear lenses in tail section or do you have the undertail assy? How far back did you mount them, or better yet is there a picture somewhere? I haven't bought any yet, where did yours come from? Jack.

Omega, try and contact a company call Nerd US. They have just run a full page ad in one of the magazines here for their crystal lens kits. Hayabusa isn't in the current list of bikes they make for but they may be developing one.

OMEGA: I've posted twice (here and labusas) in the past about that very same issue. They look especially ugly on the red (mine), and they would look awesome flush mounted as well. Count me in for sure. Also tell me where you bought the ones for the rear please, but I'm waiting to replace all of them at the same time. Otherwise it might look funny. Keep me posted!!

The guy that does all my cosmetic stuff owns a stereo/alarm/tint business. Also owns several bikes:2 R1's and a gsxr750. All his bikes are show quality and his emphasis is always on looks.
Hence my reasoning. The lights he used were for a car as exterior marker lights. Clear lense w/orange bulb. He says he can make the lenses clear and flush himself. I told him to go ahead. Still havent heard anything from airtech. Turbo1300 assured me he would look into it, Kawabuser fails to see the merits. As far as what I did to the rear, we left about 1 inch of fender after sculpting it then mounted the clear lights on both outer edges then conformed the plate around the middle and attached it with wingnut reflectors in blue. Came out super clean and the signals are very bright from the back and especially from the side, yet nearly invisible when off. I'll take some pics tomorrow when I get the pipe on and get a shot of the tail.

I was looking at my Blue Busa last night and have to agree that clear front bulbs with yellow lenses would look 10x better. One thing though, do you think flush mounting them would affect the air entering the ram air ducts? It looks to me like the protruding lenses helps direct the air into the ducts. If someone finds a good source for clear lenses I will buy them. The idea of having the oem supplier make clear lenses sounds good. You probably wouldn't even have to buy the whole piece, just the lens.

BINGO. Now all we have to do is find out the vendor to suzuki for the lenses. My gut tells me its a japanese company. Maybe Dazee could do some research on that if he's willing. If everybody exerts a little effort we can have these things by spring.

Does anyone know who the supplier is to Suzuki on the lenses? If we find out who they are, they already have tooling set up to make these lenses. They could just use clear plastic instead of amber. Bet they have no clue there is a market for them. After seeing them, Suzuki may want them. Just a passing idea! Jack.

Is by any chance, the manufacturers name made into the lens? Sometimes this is done when customer (Suzuki) will allow it. Where is all our Japan connections?

Can anyone check for a name on the turn signals ? I'll do what I can but I don't want to take mine out of the new cowl again anytime soon.

Thanks dazee, the lenses are manufactured by TOKAIDENSO of japan. If you require it, I can get all of the part numbers and other symbols marked on the lense.
I was also hoping kawabuser would lobby a-tech to make these, just another iron in the fire. I will greatly appreciate anything you could do in this regard, as this is a japanese manufactured product.

Ah sh1t ! I'll see what I can turn up from them, but a quick run down on that name. Tokai is a region of Japan, and so I presume this is the base for this particular part of the company. Denso - well this happens to be (looking at my secret company DB) the Worlds 3rd largest supplier/manufacturer of automotive components. I think we may have more success with a smaller company that can still be flexible in their manufacturing techniques. Denso may be too big a beast to consider this, but let me check. Can you give me the part numbers please.

they have a web-site. http://www.tokai-denso.co.jp but looks like it is empty. Just a default apache setup screen.

[This message has been edited by dazee (edited 27 February 2000).]

35600-24F0l JAPAN
Thats what they say on the outer edge, there's more on the bottom but its too small to read. Also I lost track of those carbon fiber lenses that you posted a pic of weeks back. I need to see them again and may go that route if I remember correctly they were clear w/CF around the edges. Thanks again for the help.

OMEGA, I see the merit. As I have a couple of things in the fire I only have so much time to devote on the airbox and special bodyparts.

I will add that the shape of the lense is part of the airscoop for the ram air. It is in Suzuki's original drawings and its shape is what makes the Busa a BUSA.

I agree and realize the shape has to be identical. I dont think it will be a major undertaking to duplicate it in clear. Its one of those "build it and they will come" deals. It will complement all 4 colors perfectly. Another one of those small things that make a huge difference asthetically. Are you willing to get behind it?

No luck in tracking it down yet. BUT . . . I just found a kit to do the job for any lense ! Give me a couple of days to track it down and try it, then lets see whose interested in either the kit or getting some parts shipped over.

Thanks again for the effort, if there's any way I can reciprocate be sure and let me know. Cant wait to get'em on.

Sorry Omega, I can see why the glued the rear signals together but just cannot understand why they did the front ones too. The whole design of the front signals is so that the two pieces will clip together, why put glue in there !?!?!

If anyone is good at crafting etc and can suggest how to seperate them then please let us know.

If I get no luck with Denso I will order a second set of stock ones to play around with, see if I can come up with anything.

This is not a good day ! I bought the kit for making the clear lenses. Took the carbon cowling off to get the turn signals and went to start making them. It's not going to happen. Tokai-Denso in their wisdom have glued the front and back halves together to make a singal unit ! You cannot remove just the lense to make a mold without breaking it. They did the same for the rear signals too !

Now we have to wait for Tokai-Denso to reply if they make any.

:(

Back