Clear bra/mask

karnage

Registered
Anyone here use that clear 3M stuff that goes over the paint to protect it.I found a couple places that sell it.Just wanted to know your experience with it.I just want it on the tank where I sit and rub instead of a tank pad and maybe on the hump and front fender.Looks easy enough to apply.

I have it on the front of my bike (including headlights), it's on the tank sides and top, on the sides of the bike, on part of the hump, and there are strips of it on the lower fairings to prevent rock chips.

It works exactly the same as it does on cars (I've had coverage on both of my last two cars). It works well, and I would recommend.

I put the complete Tankslapper kit on my 08 1K (TheTankSlapper.biz - The Product). I really like it. It's been on there for about 3.5 years now. If nothing else it is worth it to get over the front plastics and headlight. If I took them off right now my 1K would look like it just came off the showroom. I am getting a set for the Busa soon. Make sure you let them dry after applying. I didn't let the tank pieces dry all the way and they came off while I was riding.

No, they are a clear film that applies using water. But you can peel them off and re-use them. Not really any adhesive to them, works like static cling, for lack of better words

I had in installed on our 370Z the week we brought it home. Maybe the best $500 I have spent on that car. :thumbsup: Now that I am puting some new plastic on the bike, I was thinking that I would do the likely impact zones.

Goes on with a water soap 70-30 mix or water alcohol 70-30 mix for a better grip.

Works great, fairly easy to apply and is invisible from 10 feet

I have a tankslapper set for my busa tank I bought for it in 04 when I bought my bike new........never did put them on after reading and seeing some issues with them. Only cost me 20 bucks back then. I'm going to dig them out and either use or sell them thanks to this thread :laugh:

Been using Tankslapper on my 08 Busa for a couple of years with zero problems.

Back