Clear Alternatives LED Front Turn Signals

(jjmetheny @ Apr. 08 2007,06:01) You don't need to go back to the stock flasher. The one that you added will work with stock or aftermarket signals.
scroll down the page a page or so to Suzuki (hayabusa) and read the flasher install instructions..

cause here's what it says...

"1. Using a flat head screw driver, carefully push
these two pins (Circled in photo) out from the
plastic housing.
2. Make sure the copper pins are still connected to
the wires as they will be needed to connect to
new flasher.
3. Plug the factory flasher back into the socket as it
is still needed for other functions
4. Connect the light blue wire to the black (wire)
pin inside new flasher connector
5. Connect the brown wire to the yellow
(wire) pin inside the new flasher connector
6. Switch the red and black wires on the flasher unit.
7. Secure new flasher in a secure location.
8. Note: You will now have two flashers.

http://www.clearalternatives.com/flasher.htm

then tell me whatcha think..cause i'm truely not certain how i'm gonna handle this now.  
sad.gif

Hook it up and try it once, if it works leave it if it doesn't take it off. I didn't use the exact flasher they sell but that is exactly what I did when I added my front and rear signals. Then after I wrecked my bike I went back to stock for awhile until I could get new lights and they worked just fine.

(rockadaous @ Apr. 08 2007,09:flamethrowing:) the parking light mod is the heat.  did mine too.  HID's with amber silver stars
Did you go with the turn signal filament? It's way brighter! I've just lost the turn signal feature though. See my pic above...
guns.gif

Problem solved...i ground just one tit off one side of the two oddball connectors and it fit and still twist-locked into the socket just fine.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your help all and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(JINKSTER @ Apr. 08 2007,13:01)
(bacharles @ Apr. 08 2007,04
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) Hey Jinkster, why not just do the Switchback mod.  Looks way cool...
i feel like i'm gett'in sucked in here but okay...i'll bite...wtf is..

"The Switchback Mod"
rock.gif

Wait..lemme guess..where i "switch" everything back to the way it was?
laugh.gif

if so?..you suck and your really pi$$'in me off...

But at least ya made me smile!
laugh.gif
I think you owe me an apology Jinkster...
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Did you see the pic of the bike with the signals that double as running light and signal light?
rock.gif
I finished mine th other day, and I guarantee you will love it.

Great thread. Explained alot to me. I feel the same about the quality of these signals. I would like to utilize the 2nd socket (running lights) but I think I have to wiring them in instead of using the 2nd socket that I dont have. I have one socket for led blinker only. The second one is for the European models, but I'd like to use it. They would def make the bike more visible, with running lights.

Jinkster. Were those turns like these?....
CA's.jpg
Also, were you able to make them running?
If you did, how'd you do it?
Or did you do the switch back mod with them?
If so, how?.....
Thanks

CA's.jpg

Hey, did you ever get those turn signals installed? I just got some of the same one with that same plug in. No way do those fit into the stock connector from the wiring harness. Did you get a another plug in from radio shack or did you do some wire stripping? If you did the wire stripping, which wire did you do? ???

Ok here is what i'm working with. As you can see the 1157 plug will not fit. This is an OEM wiring harness for my 03 busa. I'm thinking about just buying the 1157 socket wiring it in and calling it good.

2011-08-28 20.38.26.jpg

Just went Advanced auto parts, and they said the 1157 socket wouldn't work because it was a dual element and that I needed 1156. I just called the shop, they said the would sell me the left and right housing for $24. That includes the socket I probably need. Should I just do that?

Back