Clear Alternatives LED Front Turn Signals

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Okay...so we muddled through in my other thread about why there's a total of 4 1157 type plugs coming out of the back of two Clear Alternatives LED style front turn signals...one set is for the turn signals and the other for the newer late model Busa's featuring 4 way hazard flashers but now?....now i'm really pissed...as i taped up the offset type plugs to insulate them before stuffing them back into the turn signal housings of my older '03 Non Hazard Light equipped Busa but then?..the right front turn signal bulb socket still wouldn't plug in properly....and i'm like wtf?...i know i couldn't have been that stupid as to tape off the wrong freaking plug end..am i gett'in old and senile?...did i?..so i remove the taped off plug from the housing and cut away the tape i just put on to reveal the following...

here's my left side Clear Alternatives turn signal and no problem here...

CAFRONT3.jpg

but here's my right side clear alternatives LE Freaking D turn signal...  
mad.gif

CAFRONT4.jpg

Unusable...I guess Clear Alternatives was counting on me (the paying customer) to take an afternoon off from my holiday weekend to do their Quality Control for them...as it's fairly evident that they don't even test these things to make certain that they work and function properly before chucking them in a box and shipping them off top anyone with a CC number..then they get to rip their bike apart and attempt to install them and "THEN" see if they work...cause they couldn't have ever even so much as plugged this one in for testing.  
mad.gif

I'm so pissed i don't even know if i wanna trouble myself calling them up to biotch'em out...mainly cause it's such a glarring and stupid assy mistake...and i'm really tweaked out cause O-Rens been down for two weeks for the valve adjust thingy and i was wanting to ride tonight and tomorrow..badly...and now it looks like i'll be pulling the CA shid right back off and spending the evening either..

a. slapping O-Ren back together with the stock directionals and re-wiring the flasher for stock again or?..

b. swinging by Radio Shack (if they'er still open) and trying to find the right plug socket end so i can fix the freaking thing myself...damn i'm pissed!  
mad.gif

I knew their was a reason i didn't rush to put these freaking things in..i questioned the quality the moment i removed them from the box the day i got'em.  
sad.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

I hate getting the wrong crap. Probably less hastle try'n to fix it yourself. I will say this. the problems I've had with CA was always cleared up with them sending me what I really needed. Good luck either way

Earlier busas differ from later busas on their front turn signal bulbs.

My 2002's turn signal bulbs won't fit in my wife's 2005 busa.

(Charlesbusa @ Apr. 07 2007,15:42) Earlier busas differ from later busas on their front turn signal bulbs.

My 2002's turn signal bulbs won't fit in my wife's 2005 busa.
Duh
crazy.gif
we covered that in the other thread
pissed.gif

I just got some. One is for the katana and the other is for the busa. just stuff the ones for the katana in the hole no need to tape. and they should work fine.

I ordered stuff from CA once........and that will be the last time. There stuff sucks.

(dadofthree @ Apr. 07 2007,12:49) Sorry dude, you gonna send em back or splice in the right connector.
rock.gif
I gotta take the family out to our traditional sat. night dinner out on dad here in about 5 minutes...gonna try an talk'em into a restaurant near a radio shack..and maybe..just maybe.
sad.gif

if not?...i'll be spending the morning of my last day off of a three day weekend ripping out the CA shid and putting my stock directionals back in..including reversing the solder in flasher connection i just did..and i'll be doing this instead of original plans..which was..

to go riding.
mad.gif

Just grind off one of the **** that stick out and install it. They will stay in fine!

(JINKSTER @ Apr. 07 2007,18:55) ..including reversing the solder in flasher connection i just did..
not sure why you are having to do this.

i do understand that they had screwed the plugs up on that set, and had matching on the right, and (different) matching on the left.

mine were true plug and play. didnt have to do anything with the flasher unit.

(05BusaLe @ Apr. 07 2007,18:59) Just grind off one of the **** that stick out and install it. They will stay in fine!
that's a thought..i wouldn't trust grinding off both of the locking **** but maybe if i grind off just one the other tit may be enough to keep the plug secure and in place...if it fits at the same twist level.
rock.gif

(badassbusa03 @ Apr. 07 2007,19:17)
(JINKSTER @ Apr. 07 2007,18:55) ..including reversing the solder in flasher connection i just did..
not sure why you are having to do this.

i do understand that they had screwed the plugs up  on that set, and had matching on the right, and (different) matching on the left.

mine were true plug and play. didnt have to do anything with the flasher unit.
then lemme try to explain....as i understand it? (and i'm not real good with electronics) i was told by t6he dude who sold me the led fronts that if i also have a CA led tail-light/directionals unit (which i do) that you can run just CA front OR CA rear and get away with it (albiet a rapid flash) but if you run CA Front & Rear?..and don't use the crappy connection ceramic resistors in the rear? (which i didn't) then you need to install the flasher unit to slow things down..which requires removing the stock flasher (located next to the fusebox under the left side dash panel) and push out 2 pin end wires and connect them to the supplied flasher unit...and then plug the stock flasher back in place as well (as it performs other functions according to CA's website instructions)...well?...the connector on the CA flasher unit was a shiddy arrangement (as per usual with CA evidently) so i pushed the two pins out of the dumbazz 3 pin snap connector they used (that doesn't fit anything busa) and then slid the spade ends into the connectors and soldered them together and covered with heat shrink tubing...i hate wiring shid but when i do it?...i do it as correct as i know how..you know...a good water tight job.

so now?...my reward for doing a good water-tight job?...with connections that should last a lifetime?...my reward is...i get to undo all i've done.
sad.gif

Thanks to Clear Alternatives.
mad.gif

(GSXTacy @ Apr. 07 2007,12:52) I ordered stuff from CA once........and that will be the last time. There stuff sucks.
+1000

even on the tail-light?...i'd of been better off to pick up a $12 integrator at the local auto zone and silicone in a divider plate in the stock oem tail-light.

CA SUX!
mad.gif

Leave the flasher unit, ship the t/s with the offset pins back to CA, ( they sent you one for an '05, that uses the 1157 offset pins.) put the one new and the one old one in and go riding until the replacement arrives.

The quality of the CA stuff has been discussed here before. Their quality control is all over the map.

Should look good when its done though
super.gif

(bacharles @ Apr. 08 2007,04:flamethrowing:) Hey Jinkster, why not just do the Switchback mod.  Looks way cool...
i feel like i'm gett'in sucked in here but okay...i'll bite...wtf is..

"The Switchback Mod"
rock.gif

Wait..lemme guess..where i "switch" everything back to the way it was?
laugh.gif

if so?..you suck and your really pi$$'in me off...

But at least ya made me smile!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(JINKSTER @ Apr. 08 2007,08:01) "The Switchback Mod"
rock.gif

laugh.gif

Now that was funny Jinks!  

The switchback just makes your front signals running/turn signals.  I went with straight running lights though.  You'll need the 1157 socket and the OEM "brown" wire to do this.

DSC00010.JPG

(TXBusa05LE @ Apr. 08 2007,05:19)
(JINKSTER @ Apr. 08 2007,08:01) "The Switchback Mod"
rock.gif

laugh.gif

Now that was funny Jinks!  

The switchback just makes your front signals running/turn signals.  I went with straight running lights though.  You'll need the 1157 socket and the OEM "brown" wire to do this.
Now i really like that..if i can do the deally where i get both turn sigs and running lights...i love running lights...it's gets these blind azz blueheads attention better and they don't pull out in front of me as much..we got a "How To" link here somewhere?
rock.gif

T.I.A. Bill.
cool.gif

rock.gif

You don't need to go back to the stock flasher. The one that you added will work with stock or aftermarket signals.

Back