Clear Alternatives brake lens

Mr Droo

Registered
I'm looking for a brake light lens that apparently has been discontinued by Clear Alternatives. I saw in a recent thread this year that MotoLume has taken Clear Alternatives stock and selling what was left over.

I want to buy a brake light lens - smoke. I'd buy a clear one as well and smoke it myself. The problem I'm finding is that they're available if I buy the LED turn signal unit with it. I don't want the LED package, just the lens. The folks on Ebay and several sites selling them don't have replacement lenses to sell individually. UGH!!!!

I contacted several people on the .Org that had one, at one time, but only heard back from two individuals. They indicated they no longer had the lens.

If anyone on here knows where I can get one or has one for $20 or less, I'd bite immediately.

What year? I have one for a K8 and up.

I just read your profile...you still have the 2005? Mine won't work obviously. :(

Last edited:
i paid right around $35 shipped for the whole unit ( clear lens + leds ) around 6 months ago. and there seemed like there was a lot on ebay at the time, but you're obviously looking on there. may have to just bite the extra money since they're out of business. ??

If I were to go the Ebay route and buy one with the LED setup, is it possible to just use the brake light portion and not the turn signals function?

If I were to go the Ebay route and buy one with the LED setup, is it possible to just use the brake light portion and not the turn signals function?

Yes, just dont hook up the turn signal wires.

I have 2... stock red lenses...one is with the whole assembly one is not...99-2007

So I guess you still have the 2005...since you never answered.

Last edited:
Oops... yes, I have an '05. Several people PM'd me with lenses, but were about the same price (or more) than the ebay items. It's a want, not a need, so I can wait for a good deal. Geez, I might have to sell the bike this spring anyways. It's a long story that includes divorce, bills, and priorities (which many of you have been in the same boat).

someone correct me if i'm wrong, if you buy one off of ebay, you don't HAVE to use the led stuff. (?) i think the lens will replace stock lens.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, if you buy one off of ebay, you don't HAVE to use the led stuff. (?) i think the lens will replace stock lens.

If you just buy the smoked lens you will need red bulbs! Other than that, you don't have to use LED's.

Not sure if the eBay ones are just lens or are the type that are one piece and the lens is melted on and you change it as a whole unit. Bracket and all. In that case you are stuck with the LED inside. I have both types.

My clear alt. Is a detachable lens with a circuit board and fits into the stock reflector.

My generic aftermarket one is a sealed whole unit.

Both are turn signal integrated.

I bought a clear one with red bulbs off ebay in August. After I pushed the busa backwards into my engine stand.

58cycle.com has the clear alternatives stuff for $40 without the LED's... which is the same price anyone could get one on ebay, WITH the LED setup. I've got a deal going on with an .Org member near me, so I really hope it works out.

Back