clear alt. lens didn't work

blas32

Registered
I just got the clear alt. turn signal lens for the front and they didn't fit worth a crap. Big gap on the bottom, looked bad. Plus the bulb was not included. I am going to send it back and stick with the stock lens, I might even be out shipping! What a pain in the ass to do this mod . and nothing worked right!! I should have listened to the other guys when they said that they didn't fit tight. Oh well... live and learn.

I've had to explain this more than once. Your right on the money when you complain about the poor fit up. There is another option if you decide to go ahead with the mod. You could clear silicon the gaps around the lens. But only use 100% silicon and tape both sides of the seam. Spray your hand with some 409 cleaner and smooth the silicon out,  know remove the tape and let cure.

Thanks for the tip, but the gap is 1/4 inch on the bottom of the lens. If it was less I would use some silicon. I had I feeling from what I had heard, that it wouldn't be a tight fit, but this is worse than I expected.

Did you remove the entire front fairing to do the job? I did that and it seems fine to me.....?

Maybe I just got a defective one, but it was off even with me trying to reposition it. I only removed the upper plastic near the guages and the plastic above the wheel... I did not remove the nose piece.

I just got the clear alt. turn signal lens for the front and they didn't fit worth a crap.  Big gap on the bottom, looked bad.  Plus the bulb was not included.  I am going to send it back and stick with the stock lens, I might even be out shipping! What a pain in the ass to do this mod . and nothing worked right!!  I should have listened to the other guys when they said that they didn't fit tight.  Oh well... live and learn.
Hey Blas,

Sorry to hear about your predicament. I put the clear lens on my bike about a month ago and they fit just like the stock set. No gaps. I had no problems with them whatsoever. This situation with the clearalternatives lens has been ridiculous. There is a problem somewhere and it's either up to Suzuki or Clearalternatives to get together and fix this problem.

Brian

I like the ones I got from Mototeck. They fit into the grey plastic assembly like stock. The only gap I have is less than 1/4" between the lens and the nose plastic. It is an even gap all the way around and you have to bend down right in front of the bike to reallty notice it.

These come with amber bulbs. However, the clear pastic of the lenses is really clear. No jewel cuts or frosting. So I put in "titanium" bulbs. These things glow amber but when unlit look like dark chrome with a slight orange tone. Got them from

lens.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the clear alternative turn signal lenses, there is a small gap around one side, but not that bad.  I also took the front fairing off to fit the turn signals.

I like those titanium bulbs, going to order some, time to take the fairing off again.  The amber bulbs that are shipped from clear alternative makes the clear lenses look orange.

I like those titanium bulbs, but which ones do I need for the Busa??? There seem to be quite a few choices.

Thanks

I like those titanium bulbs, but which ones do I need for the Busa??? There seem to be quite a few choices.

Thanks
Titanium Bulbs for Busa

That link is to the page I ordered the bulbs from. The Busa needs single filament bulbs (1156)

On a side note. If you have made lighting changes (such as LED rear signals) and find that the signals flash too quickly, these bulbs help. They apparently draw more current or something.

Thought this was worthwhile,
Falcon, How are the Mototek Lenses holding up?

Back