cleaning wheels, do u guys really use lemon pledge?

hemi

Registered
looking for a quicker alternative to cleaning the wheels that will take all the grime off from chain lube etc etc. I see some people using lemon pledge, is this ok to use on the painted wheels? Just tried it out for the heck of it and works pretty good, just wondering if it's ok to use on paint

looking for a quicker alternative to cleaning the wheels that will take all the grime off from chain lube etc etc. I see some people using lemon pledge, is this ok to use on the painted wheels? Just tried it out for the heck of it and works pretty good, just wondering if it's ok to use on paint

Not going to hurt a thing....keep on Pledging away my friend :thumbsup:

You'll be fine. After cleaning your wheels, start using Dupont on your chain.
4631953918_43bbe4c0fc_o.jpg

You'll be thankful you did.

Last edited:
Yes, I do. Pledge (cleaning wheels), Honda Polish/Original Bike Spirit (plastics), and Mothers California Wax (gas tank only).

:cool:

Yes LEMON Pledge! Use a micro fiber cloth too! Help do a better job removing the haze from the pledge if not careful. I also carefully spray it on an old rag and then wipe it on the rims.

SANY0030.jpg

My wheels have like brake dust that is baked on the wheels, any ideas on removing those? I have used wd40 on those spots but doesnt really do much, I guess I can try Pledge but I thought I would ask for opinions.

Derrick, I use lemon pledge and it cuts right through the grease and grime if you have that much dirt. Some people are using WD-40 and I found it leaves a film that attracts dirt. Try it, you will love it

Back