Cleaning up the Busa

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Have you all taken your busas apart after those long rain soaked rides? OMG Mine is totally filthy. Grime is everywhere, all down inside the bike. After that ride i realized that there is nothing at the Car wash that is going to hurt the bike so I went there to spray off all the road grime. But when I got it back to the house and started taking it apart to fix the crash damage I realized I am going to have to clean it from top to bottom. I even saw some rust on bolts! Going to have to replace them all too.

Just another reason to not ride in the rain.

I also found out that the AutoCom was not wet, one of the cables came loose. It's good to know it can take the water. Also the Ipod is working again too. Guess once it dried off it was fine.

Quick tip about wet electronics. Place them inside a ziplock bag full of rice. The rice will absorb the moisture out of the device. Don't try to power on the device till after it is dry.

After that ride, I need to take a hose to clean out the radiator, and I may separate the lower cowling so I can get all the gravel out, but other than that, its wipe her down with pledge and clean the wheels, clean and lube the chain, done.

My Busa is still parked in the driveway right where I left him when I finally got home last Sunday...8 hours in the rain and I don't care to even look at him! He's been through two more rain storms recently, and I dread trying to clean him up :banghead:

Still has his pink pom-poms though :whistle:

Back