Cleaning tips & tricks?

MHORTON79

Registered
Hey guys/gals. I didn't see a sticky on it & I was curious about the methods that you guys use. What do you guys/gals do to get your Busa nice & shined up?

I have never washed my bike with a hose or bucket. Only wiped her down with pledge and wd-40 on the wheels. She looks as good now as the day she was uncrated.

If I wet wash her I just use whatever, dish detergent, or the bottle of car wax/wash I bought five years ago. I use windex on the bike when I'm just getting a fresh batch of bugs off. I use pledge at times and I do clean the rear wheel with WD 40 everytime I clean and wax the chain.

Hard to hurt these things brother.

I've only wet washed it once. I have a spray on wax that I normally use. I can't remember the name of it now. I was just curious as to what others did.

I have never washed my bike with a hose or bucket. Only wiped her down with pledge and wd-40 on the wheels. She looks as good now as the day she was uncrated.

Never hose wash? I wash my bike after every ride. Soap and water. Then dry it with a dry cloth. Good advice on the wd-40 on the wheels. I'd have to assume to keep the gunk off the wheels?

the cleanest bike I have ever seen was Jimbo's bike from Reno Nevada... His bike was cleaner than new! He needs to come out of retirement here so he can answer your questions.. Ralph tell Jim to get in here with the scoop...

Never hose wash? I wash my bike after every ride. Soap and water. Then dry it with a dry cloth. Good advice on the wd-40 on the wheels. I'd have to assume to keep the gunk off the wheels?

Nope, I dont wet wash it, never have any of my bikes and the last bike I sold, an 05 busa. The guy that bought it couldnt believe how clean it was. I cant say that wd-40 keeps the gunk off the wheels, but it wipes it off easily. I wipe my chain, wheels, and swing arm after every ride.

Nope, I dont wet wash it, never have any of my bikes and the last bike I sold, an 05 busa. The guy that bought it couldnt believe how clean it was. I cant say that wd-40 keeps the gunk off the wheels, but it wipes it off easily. I wipe my chain, wheels, and swing arm after every ride.

Chain, wheels, swing arm all with wd-40? Pledge on the plastics? What about tank and head lights etc? Also, is that what you use as lube for the chain? or do you use something different?

Chain, wheels, swing arm all with wd-40? Pledge on the plastics? What about tank and head lights etc? Also, is that what you use as lube for the chain? or do you use something different?

I use pledge all the painted parts and wind screen. WD-40 for the wheels, swingarm, chain, and frame. I only clean the chain with kerosene and lube with Dupont chain wax. Clean as a whistle.

Quick clean = dollar general funiture polish same as pledge but cheaper. with micro fiber to wipe off.
More detailed= I take Zymol cleaner wax and mix it with water with a spray bottle spray and wipe down.
Going for the shine= Zymol has given me the best results with ease of use, wax on wax off then mist water and wipe down.

Dont ever use dish washing soap on your bike, Dish washing soap, shampoo, and other cleaners and soaps REMOVE wax and are harsh cleaners which can leave fine scratches in your paint finish.

Bug and Tar remover works great for wheel cleaner.

Hint if you leave a thin film of furniture polish on your front cowl its easy to remove the bugs after a ride.

Pledge!
Nothing gets caked on bugs off quicker or easier.
Pledge cleans and shines every part of the bike.
Spray it on to clean and wipe it off, spray it on again to really shine it.
With the exception of the chain, clean that with kerosene and lube it with Dupont teflon chain wax(goes on somewhat dry, and won't fling off the chain and make a mess.
Honda polish is the next best thing...and is no where near as good as Pledge!

Instead of micro fibers that might have poly threads in them that will scratch your bike and cost more $, go to Target and get Gerber 100% sanitized cotton baby diapers. The diapers are better than any micro fiver at a fraction of a cost, get the heavy duty ones don't get the burping cloths, if you have a wife tell her or you will probably get the wrong ones. Remember 100% cotton.

Instead of micro fibers that might have poly threads in them that will scratch your bike and cost more $, go to Target and get Gerber 100% sanitized cotton baby diapers. The diapers are better than any micro fiver at a fraction of a cost, get the heavy duty ones don't get the burping cloths, if you have a wife tell her or you will probably get the wrong ones. Remember 100% cotton.

Good tip! I will try them next time I am out.. 100% Cotton Baby diapers:beerchug:

Why pledge guys? What is the advantage?

Thanks
I showed cars for years and used pledge then. I still use it today on my bike and that is all I use. I have only washed it with soap and water once in the past 2 years only because I got caught in a rain storm. Pledge all the way for me. Not bad after 5 years :thumbsup:

DSC_0002.jpg

It's crazy I've never heard of pledge to wash your bike or hell anything. I am not doubting by any means. I will try this. We are talking about pledge the yellow can firniture polish lol

Back