Cleaning The Classifieds Up

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Folks we have been working behind the scenes for weeks cleaning the content of the site up and making things work better than ever. One of the things we noticed was that search engines were linking to post's in the classifieds section and the merchandise had already been sold. This is not a good experience and we want to keep accurate and relevant content on the site for members.

I added a script this morning that will run once a week and clean up any threads ( Sold or Not ) by deleting them completely if they are 6 months or older.

Let me know your thoughts on this... The good, bad and ugly!

I like it! Though please leave hookens alone :) i hope to buy his machine in the spring if he has it.... lol

Another thing that would be good to see. If some one had not been on for let's say 3 weeks the add goes away. I see a lot of things I would try to buy and when you click on the seller says last seen 2 months ago.

Another thing that would be good to see. If some one had not been on for let's say 3 weeks the add goes away. I see a lot of things I would try to buy and when you click on the seller says last seen 2 months ago.

So this feature would be like a way to make sure someone didn't just post a sale and then dissappear, if they don't come back let's say once every 3 days then the ad expires and goes away?

Back