Cleaning injectors

I know a lot of guys run injector cleaner every so often in their bikes, sea foam or some type of cleaner you can buy at any auto parts store. Then there is guys who run nitrous/turbo and other High HP setup and they will get their injector cleaned, flow matched and serviced. I know you can send your injectors off to MPS for that. Its pricey but whey you spend thousands upon thousands on a build it makes sense not to be cheap and spend $150 to service your injectors properly :whistle:

RC engineering 25 per injector one day turnaround if your bike has been sitting for more than 3 months it is worth every penny .

Sorry I sent 8 off today it is 24.00 not 25 per injector..
I have seen but to 15 cc difference in just on month of sitting.

i run a can of seafoam on occasion but every spring i use 2 cans of that wynns powercharge stuff.

You guys running the recommended amount of sea foam? I just bought a bottle and I want to just dump the entire thing in the gas tank.

I'd get mine cleaned but I can't get the darned fuel rail screws out without bunging them up. They are very soft. Tried it with the motor hot, cold, breakfree and an impact driver. Seems the only way I'll get them removed is to remove the TBs entirely then dremel the heads off the screws.

I use Seafoam every winter. Took the injectors out at 40,000 miles for cleaning and they came back with a before-and-after report that showed they were really clean to begin with, so I probably didn't REALLY need to get them cleaned.

i really do believe it makes a clear difference in performance. i have seen it on the dyno ... we did it on mine when i was getting mine tuned up after we finally got her degreed up correct and got it tuned right .. i think a can in the spring when you know you are going to be able to take it out for a full run and go out for the day and take it out and run the tank out would do it good..... otherwise every once in a while i will put some seafoam in it

now can i say that the injectors are perfect? no. i would have to send them out and to that point i might just do that after i run the wynns through it just to see if it really does what i think it does and then report back

I use seafoam on a regular basis and decided to send them out to be cleaned to see if it really works. This is what I got back from being cleaned by MPS.

image-3539113283.jpg

image-1998292695.jpg

Looks like it does a decent job. These were original injectors from a 2002 Busa with about 32k miles. 6k of those on a built 1397 using 87 octane.

image-3539113283.jpg

image-1998292695.jpg

I have a 2011 hayabusa with yosimura slip on exhaust system running very rich just wondering what direction should I take invest in a power commander or wynn power charge

Back