Cleaning front sprocket and need help identifying this spacer

III

Registered
I decided on a different chain lube, so I thought it'd be a good idea to start off completely clean, so I took off the sprocket cover and gave everything a thorough cleaning. I felt something fall as I was removing it and turns out to be this spacer. I'm guessing it goes on the push rod since that's the only place it seems to fit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SAM_0947.jpg

SAM_0943.jpg

looks like the dowel pin off the sprocket cover. look at the mounting surface and youll see the hole it goes in.

Thanks. Figured that's where it went. Probably could've even brought up the fiche somewhere, but wanted to put it on here in case anyone else ran into it.

Also...that was the before picture. I did not take off the back sprocket. I've been maintaining the rear much better since it's basically exposed.

Ran up to get some grease for the rod...back together she goes.

:thumbsup:

aw crap.....why did you have to post that super clean front sprocket of yours? Now I have to go check on mine

How easy is it to get the front cover off ?
What's involved ?

I'm with Kromdom , now I have to check mine and I want to see Sleepless_Reds :)

Ah jeeze now you are going to start a trend, a mass movement of sprocket cleaning by thousands of Busa riders from all over the world..... Sorry, I got carried away, looks like a brand new motorcycle, aw crap now I am going to go clean mine. :laugh:

Basically just finished with it. The worst part, as usual, is getting the fairing off (which means this'll be cinch for you Blanca). After that, it's a 10-15 minute process...minus the amount of time you spend degreasing and being detailed. It takes a little negotiation to get the cover off, but if you gently pull from underneath once you've got everything else disconnected...it's pretty easy. I imagine it's due to the push rod and grease formed around it causing a little suction or something. I'll write something up because I took pics. The manual's got pretty good info. I'm not a big wrencher. On a scale of 1-5, I'd say 2 (because you have to take the fairing off).

You all's may not be that bad...I chose to follow the manual when I got it and used oil. :rofl: I switched to the green Motorex spray lube, so I wanted to get all that old oily gunk off before switch to this silk stuff.

Last edited:
Comes off real easy blanca.

:banghead: I was hoping you would say it takes hours to get off.
Now I gotta know...just not sure if I can handle the truth...:laugh: (scared to see whats behind there)

I guess if you look at the bright side. My bike may be a 1/2 lb lighter when done :)

i wouldnt get to crazy with a brush or a rag around the rubber seal for the clutch pushrod. if you damage it and it leaks. gotta split the cases to fix it.

Aw' Man does it ever get nasty behind that cover....done mine twice in 40K..nice job cleaning that mess up.

I dont think im going to deep clean all that til i get my new chain... I started using dupont though which makes me want to clean it all now...

I dont think im going to deep clean all that til i get my new chain... I started using dupont though which makes me want to clean it all now...

i wouldnt clean it till after you ride with that new chain. that white grease makes things a real mess in there.

Im guessing the grease you speak of is what the chains come with out of the box?

yea. i got most of mine off thinking it wouldnt be too bad. wrong. i had to pull the cover off and that crap was all over the place again.

yea. i got most of mine off thinking it wouldnt be too bad. wrong. i had to pull the cover off and that crap was all over the place again.

dang well thank you alot for that. I wouldve had no clue and wouldve been :banghead:. Ill soak the new chain in kerosene anyway to not add to the gunk in there but I will def not clean it for few rides after putting on the new chain... thanks! :beerchug:

So I go to the dealership to get some SUZUKI SUPER GREASE A for the push rod (per the manual)...they didn't have any nor had the tech helping me ever heard of it. I know any super white grease will work, I just can't believe he said he'd never heard of it.

And they had the nerve to ask why I don't bring it in and do my own work. :rofl:

Back