cleaning db windscreen

hemi

Registered
i know this is a dumb question, but what do u guys use to clean your dark smoke windscreens. I have a puig db dark smoke. Will certain cleaners damage it, such as regular windex will normally turn tinted windows in cars purple bc of the ammonia. I normally use the plexus plastic polish/cleaner (i think that's what it's called) to clean mine, but as much as i clean my bike that stuff gets expensive

I clean the bike with this AutoGlym from TheUltimateFinish.co.uk , including screen. :thumbsup:

motorcycle-cleaner.jpg

Last edited:
i always worry windex would damage it after a while like window tint. I guess it's not really just tinted though, just basically transparent black plastic. Think i'll just start using windex instead of the $12 can of plastic polish i normally use

i know this is a dumb question, but what do u guys use to clean your dark smoke windscreens. I have a puig db dark smoke. Will certain cleaners damage it, such as regular windex will normally turn tinted windows in cars purple bc of the ammonia. I normally use the plexus plastic polish/cleaner (i think that's what it's called) to clean mine, but as much as i clean my bike that stuff gets expensive

You may want to read post 4 in this thread:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/107264-destruction-puig-itself.html

thanks for the post. After reading that i think i'll just stick with the plexus cleaner/polish and soap/water when i wash the bike. I'm sure his screen didn't crack like that just from using windex or something along those lines, but i would rather use the stuff that is meant specifically for plastic, such as plexus. I go through that stuff pretty quick, maybe i clean my bike just a bit too much. She runs so much better when she's spotless though :laugh:

Back