Class III Hitch

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
An email my sister sent me.

What's that...? You don't have a big pickup to tow your 6,000 lb. Gooseneck trailer......fear not!!! A little careful, well thought out engineering can solve your problem...

Class III Hitch Install... (patent pending..) Wouldn't you love to see how the trip went...? Good chance he ended up doin' some unintended off roadin' somewhere. Check the 'hills' in the background. Howja like to meet this rig on a two-lane road....coming down the mountain in your direction...?

She's hitched up and ready to roll!! Amazin' how the extra weight smoothes out the
ride.

Needed to air up the rear tires a bit ('bout 160 psi).

Added some super heavy-duty chain for extra support on the tailgate, (note the 'Heavy-Duty 'S'
hooks to attach the chain) Also paid-up for some BIG Number 5/16 sheet metal
screws to attach the Reese hitch frame to the tailgate (see 'em there?
One on each side...) Likely two more through the carpet into the floor pan
inside....

Yep, probably overkill, but didn't want the possibility of having an accident.

Most of the time was spent on the front porch whittling down that MASSIVE solid pine 4x4
to fit precisely down into the hole in the ball mount receiver. Note also - The 14'x14' piece of 3/8' plywood on the underside of the tailgate to distribute the load more evenly and beef up that tailgate
support.

'A MAN CAN'T BE
TOO SAFE'...!!

untitled.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled3.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you confused the crap out of me. Did someone pull a 6000lbs trailer with 4000lbs equipment? if so, I want pics!

Oh my, i would like to have seen that going down the road.

its ok... he saved some weight out of the tow vehicle by making everyone ride in the trailer... :whistle:

A rig any redneck would be proud to drive... :rofl: I wanna know how he turned corners... the trailer would bash the truck... nice gag photo huh? :laugh:

Last edited:
Guess that's better than putting the motor and drive axle in the trailer...and steering with a stick~1~ :laugh:

Back